X

choke cable

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• choke cable

i have an 01 600 and i have to hold my choke cable for the first few minutes especially when the bike is cold. am i supposed to have to do that? a friend of mine has an 03+ and he just pushed it up and it stays.
    R.I.P. Marc- You will be missed!

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

No , it should stay by itself . Somebody brokeded it . Probably in the pod itself . The spring at the carb end helps close it ....
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

The pod has an plastic indent that pushes against the choke control inside the control pod where the cable runs; this plastic indent is held in place by a spring. If the plastic indent fell out or the spring fell out at some point when the pod was apart, the choke control won't stay in place for you [ditto if the plastic piece is upside down]. This is the only possible source of the issue, and it doesn't lie in the cable or the carbs themselves.

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet

__________________________________________________ ________
      CyberPoet's Katana Maintence and Upgrade Parts Offerings
      The Best Metal Steel Aluminum Motorcycle Tire Valves in the World, plus lots of motorcycle & Katana (GSX600F / GSX750F) specific help files.
      Last edited by The CyberPoet; 04-19-2009, 05:02 PM.
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

thanks, cyber, i'll be taking a look at it this week.
        R.I.P. Marc- You will be missed!

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Comment

Working...
        X