X

oil in a pre kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by robleen69 View Post
    i want to use synthetic but dont kno what the best brand is for it and can i use royal purple on the bike
    You can use their motorcycle-specific product that has the JASO-MA rating on it. Personally, I would recommend either the Mobil 1 motorcycle products, or Castrol GPS oils (it's what I've run for over 70k miles on my Kats with no problems and minimal wear).

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet

__________________________________________________ ________
    CyberPoet's Katana Maintence and Upgrade Parts Offerings
    The Best Metal Steel Aluminum Motorcycle Tire Valves in the World, plus lots of motorcycle & Katana (GSX600F / GSX750F) specific help files.
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

And there you go . Took you long enough , dude . I expected you (or someone else) to throw that pic up LONG ago . Guess that means we can lock & delete this thread now ....
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

... peanut?
        charlie was a chemist, but charlie is no more. what charlie thought was h2o was h2so4

Comment

canola?
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by md86 View Post
            And there you go . Took you long enough , dude . I expected you (or someone else) to throw that pic up LONG ago . Guess that means we can lock & delete this thread now ....
            Hey, I do have a social life away from the computer, you know

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet

The Best Metal Steel Aluminum Motorcycle Tire Valves in the World, plus lots of motorcycle & Katana (GSX600F / GSX750F) specific help files.
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by Rangerx52 View Post
              ... peanut?
              Now see , I was THINKING about using that one , but it was too close to "vegetable oil" . So I went with 3-in-1 instead .

Comment

i was really being serious but thanks alot guys

Comment

robleen69 go with CyberPoet.
                  sigpic

RIP CP
                  50th Anniv R6
                  95 Katana 600
                  http://www.assfaultjunkies.com/index.php

Comment

Oh don't get your panties in a bunch , noob . We see this question like once a week . It's actually in the newbie registration e-mail thingy , I believe . Just gets old , so we like to mess with the ones who ask it .
                    And for the record , I STILL think 3-in-1 is best . I mean , it's good for SO many things , kinda like WD40 .

Comment

i run 10-40 castrol i hear it has a additive for the clutch

Comment

Originally posted by bryce warburton View Post
                        i run 10-40 castrol i hear it has a additive for the clutch
                        Actually, if it's Castrol's motorcycle oils (or any other JASO-MA rated oils), it specifically has NO additives that will foul the clutch (not additives to "improve it" as such).

Cheers,
                        =-= The CyberPoet

Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

And I was really being serious in my responce. My responce was also confirmed via CyberPoets Responce. Sometimes you need to read all the responces to weed out the jokes, but theres always a few real responces.

Tho I gotta admit, I did laugh my arse off with the various types of lubes the other guys use for their girls.
                          If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
                          Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

I don't use 3 In 1 with my girl . SHOULD I ? Guess I'd need a girl , first .....

Comment

Alaskan crude! Just kidding.

Use full synthetic. The best that your budget will allow. And change that stuff out as often as your budget will allow.
                              sigpic

"Computer users who do not back up their data deserve to lose it, period." - William H. Gates III

Comment

I <3 this thread

Comment

Working...
                                X