X

Spark plug tool?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spark plug tool?

Is there some kind of special tool used to change the sparks plugs? I've tried the standard 5/8 socket tool, and 16-18mm deep sockets, but for some reason I can't get any thing seated to the plug. ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Your tool punch that came with the bike under the seat, should have the correct socket ~

All you want to know is right here ~

Comment

I could give you a link, but since you didn't bother to say what year it is I won't The plug OD is different.

Comment

SORRY,It's a 1991 600.

Comment

You should use.

Originally posted by STL SLICK View Post
          SORRY,It's a 1991 600.
          18 MM deep well, if you're using the correct DR8ES plugs.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
            I could give you a link, but since you didn't bother to say what year it is I won't The plug OD is different.
            Ah yeah...TFF!!!!!!!
            It would't be any fun if it was easy! BUT, it does have to be this much fun!!

Comment

Nope, 18mm doesn't seem work either. Also, these plugs were in when I got the bike - so I don't have a clue as to if the plugs are the correct type for this bike.

Comment

Thin walled 18mm deepwell
                Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

Thanks kevin250200. I did not know that one existed. I did find one at Pit Posse(http://www.pitposse.com/18spplso.html) and another one at Sears for a third of the cost. I'll try the Sears product first. Thanks again for the straight forward help. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Comment

advance auto parts had one that fit. (18mm)
                    Never be afraid of DIY. Remember, amateurs built the ark, and professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

I couldn't find a thin-walled deep socket locally so I just used a bench grinder to slim down a regular socket.
                      sigpic
                      »Ross Wendell
                      »1992 Katana 600, 1987 MR2 turbo, 2005 Corolla

Comment

Thanks to all you guys that responded. I got the socket from Sears for around $5, and it did the job. Thanks again.

Comment

Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

No toolkit under the seat, back by the brake light?

PM me if you need to buy a toolkit for the bike (I carry the OEM ones brand new).

Glad to see you got it out

Cheers,
                            =-= The CyberPoet

__________________________________________________ ________
                            CyberPoet's Katana Maintence and Upgrade Parts Offerings
                            The Best Metal Steel Aluminum Motorcycle Tire Valves in the World, plus lots of motorcycle & Katana (GSX600F / GSX750F) specific help files.
                            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                            X