X

Carb Tweaking

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carb Tweaking

I have a 1994 Katana 600. Ive upgraded the main jet to 130's and put 2 shims on the needle. The bike is great above 2k. Ive been messing with my idle screw but i know im running to rich. Stock setting i was told is 2.5 turns out. Since im running individual emgo filters and a V&H SSR2 full exhaust ive tried 3, 3.5, and 4 and ive just been fouling out plugs. What would be a good setting to put them at.

Wow. There are so many potential problems there, that I don't even know where to start.

Usually the best thing to do is to go back to stock, and tune one part at a time.

Most people here will tell you that it's very difficult to tune pod filters (which it is).

Your best shot is going to be getting the bike on a dyno with an EGA, or trying maybe a color tune.

When you say idle screw... do you mean the Air/Fuel screws under the carbs, or that knob that changes the idle speed up and down?
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
      Your best shot is going to be getting the bike on a dyno with an EGA
      +1

Rather than kicking yourself in the head for the next several months trying to tune it, spend the money to put it on a dyno with an exhaust analyzer and get it jetted right in a single afternoon -- provided it can be jetted right with that particular combination (some combinations never seem to work and always leave some RPM zone fueling too richly; rejetting just seems to move that bad RPM zone around).

The other option is just to go back to stock, which is a known-good solution...

Good Luck!
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
      X