No announcement yet.
X

battery is ****ing me off!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Come on guy check the water in the battery and add some disstilled if it needs it ..charge on a 6 amp charger see if it comes up to 5 and goes back below 2 in 1 to 3 hours and your done or its no good ......then it might be the starter ........my maintanice free was sitting for mos. IN IMPOUND Before i got my bike, charged it for 4 hours and nothing so i but water in all but one cell and in 2 hours it went to 5 then back below 2 and its fine now...AND PUT SOME OIL IN IT
    Last edited by H-2 CHARLIE; 02-22-2009, 05:26 PM.

Comment

I may seem like a goof but this could be the reason I always read the directions with the stuff I buy. Figure they're free with the product anyway right?
      "If you aint first, you're last"

Comment

didnt come with directions!!

Comment

Check the connections? Had similar problem with my Kat, turns out one of the bolts was bottoming out and not making a good connection.

Comment

Originally posted by H-2 CHARLIE View Post
            Come on guy check the water in the battery and add some disstilled if it needs it
            NO!

98+ Kats all take maint free batteries that NEVER get water added to them.

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet

__________________________________________________ ________
            CyberPoet's Katana Maintence and Upgrade Parts Offerings
            The Best Metal Steel Aluminum Motorcycle Tire Valves in the World, plus lots of motorcycle & Katana (GSX600F / GSX750F) specific help files.
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
            X