No announcement yet.
X

LED turn signals... again

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used a load equalizer for mine. Is that the same as a relay?
    myspace
    2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

no, its a load equalizer.
      A relay is an electrical switch that opens and closes under the control of another electrical circuit.
      a load equalizer will serve the same purpose as a relay, but it functions by, guess what! Equalizing the load. the LED's have a very low current draw, while the original bulbs have a much higher current draw. the load equalizer makes the current draw the same.

A picture might serve the purpose of explaining this much better. The relay receives the power input from your turn signal flasher, and uses a small electromagnet, closes a circuit from the input to the turn signals.
      I've been studying electrical systems for almost 2 months, and i fear i am loosing my mind.
      ~Fly On Bird Your Free At Last~

Comment

Originally posted by ModernJoker View Post
        i personally find that the fast flash is easier for others to see. i get two flashes for every one flash i used to have. i like the fast flash. or to be completely honest i just got used to it. only thing that bothers me is the dash lights flashing fast.
        A piece of black electrical tape will solve that dash light problem.

Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
        Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by Trackerrrr View Post
          A piece of black electrical tape will solve that dash light problem.

smart azz.

Comment

Originally posted by ModernJoker View Post
            smart azz.
            As a fellow Okie I'm surprised you didn't suggest it first. It's quite common in my neck of the woods back home.
            Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
            Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

You do have a point i guess. but if it constantly annoys me, maybe one day i will do something about it..

Comment

No problem guys ....as far as a load equalizer its 2 resistors in a box ....its a fancy name for 2 10 ohm 10 watt resistors....um in a box

Only a load equalizer $20-$50

resistors $5

its very important you get the 10 ohm 10 watt resistors I have never used anything but them as they place the same load as a normal bulb .

they will cure the fast flash as well
                1992 kawa Zx-7 -750cc
                2003 fairings,1995 gas tank,polished frame,muzzy titanium exhaust,Unknown jet kit,520 chain conversion,polished forks,race tail,fcr flatside carbs...
                sigpic1989 katana 1100F,v&H exhaust,FP jet kit,FP advancer,avon venom tires,polished swingarm,NRC covers ,big bore kit,manual cam chain tensioner,k&n filters .
                Burn rubber, not your soul. Ride among us.
                A.S.E. master certified auto tech

Comment

Mine wouldn't flash either, So I went to autozone and got an electronic flasher, Worked fine! but mines a 91 kat so yours might be different.

Comment

Just an uptdate; I tried the two 10ohm 10watt resisters (in every way possible, including smashed to powder under my foot) but it would make the lights flash. I did, however, order the load equalizer from Cyclegear and now they work perfectly. Thanks for all the input guys, could do it without ya!!

Comment

Working...
                    X