X

LED turn signals... again

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LED turn signals... again

I have a 1990 gsx600f, and put led turn signals on it. All the posts that I have found talk about rapid flashing. Mine do not flash at all, does anyone have a suggestion for this? (It does flash normally with the stock bulbs)

yo i had the same problem all i did was switch the stock relay for a led turn signal relay(at cyclegear) and it fixed the problem

Comment

I tried searching for an led turn signal relay, but could not find one. Thanks for the tip.

Comment

positive and negative maybe switched?
        -2000 "750"

Comment

Leds only go one way, so if they were switched we would get no lights at all.

Comment

no a prob let me know if you find that relay at cyclegear

Comment

sorry. i read the "do not flash at all" to be that they didn't light up.
              -2000 "750"

Comment

dont go out and buy a $50 relay...go to radioshack and pick up 2 10 ohm 10 watt resistors for $5 its the same thing as the expensive relay (the relay comes in a lil plastic box...$45 for a pill box? I think not).
                hook them up like the pic I provide ,

The reason it wont flash is because the leds draw so little current that it doesnt heat the metal in the flasher enough to bend the plate to make them flash the resistors take care of that making the flasher think its applying an output load similar to a regular bulb
                Last edited by quik89Kat; 02-20-2009, 04:07 PM.
                1992 kawa Zx-7 -750cc
                2003 fairings,1995 gas tank,polished frame,muzzy titanium exhaust,Unknown jet kit,520 chain conversion,polished forks,race tail,fcr flatside carbs...
                sigpic1989 katana 1100F,v&H exhaust,FP jet kit,FP advancer,avon venom tires,polished swingarm,NRC covers ,big bore kit,manual cam chain tensioner,k&n filters .
                Burn rubber, not your soul. Ride among us.
                A.S.E. master certified auto tech

Comment

there ya go it doesnt matter which wire goes where just connect one side of the resistor to the negative and one to the positive on each light circuit coming from the bike and they will flash fine just like a regular bulb
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by quik89Kat; 02-20-2009, 04:05 PM.
                  1992 kawa Zx-7 -750cc
                  2003 fairings,1995 gas tank,polished frame,muzzy titanium exhaust,Unknown jet kit,520 chain conversion,polished forks,race tail,fcr flatside carbs...
                  sigpic1989 katana 1100F,v&H exhaust,FP jet kit,FP advancer,avon venom tires,polished swingarm,NRC covers ,big bore kit,manual cam chain tensioner,k&n filters .

Comment

Could I use the same resistors on my car flashers? I have LED front signals and I get fast flashing.
                    Originally posted by katanawarrior
                    I keep coming here because of the smileys, really.

Comment

yep same thing thats where I found out how to do it
                      ...if you have a non electronic flasher (old style flasher) it wont flash without the resistors...newer cars have the electronic relay so it doesnt need the resistors to work ...you can verify by if it doesnt flash it has older style relay...

Whew anyway yes it will work on a car the same way
                      1992 kawa Zx-7 -750cc

Comment

Thank you all for your input, i really appreciate the knowledge base in the forum.

Comment

we are a wealth of useful knowledge and happy to contribute
                          1992 kawa Zx-7 -750cc

Comment

i personally find that the fast flash is easier for others to see. i get two flashes for every one flash i used to have. i like the fast flash. or to be completely honest i just got used to it. only thing that bothers me is the dash lights flashing fast.
                            ~Fly On Bird Your Free At Last~

Comment

Thanks for the info quik98kat! I'm going to LED rears on the Kat soon too. This will certainly help.
                              Originally posted by katanawarrior
                              I keep coming here because of the smileys, really.

Comment

Working...
                              X