X

Cylinder 1 partial firing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cylinder 1 partial firing

I noticed my bike was running rough and I took out for a 1/2 hour. Then I felt by all the cyclinders and number 1 was hot and all the others were very hot. I checked the spark plug wire and it is on firm. Could it be a voltage box, which feeds the spark plug? Would only 1 lead from a voltage box go bad?? Can I swap the voltage boxes with each other??? I really thought it was going to be a lose wire.

I would run the bike up to 8k in neutral and then the bike would start to run better and slowly go up to 10k after about 8 seconds.
    Is Effingham a swear word?

Sounds like #1 is NOT firing . It WILL get hot , but not as hot as the others . Trust me , I know this for a fact , as I've seen it ALOT . Change the plug for starters . Betcha it's black . Then you'll just have to see if it happens ago and try to figure out why . If it's a coil , usually BOTH cyclinders will die , or so I hear . You COULD try to swap wires and see if the problem moves to the other cylinder . Change 1&4 . I'm pretty sure that's right ... Of course , the wire for 1 is kinda short , so it might not reach :-k .
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

check your plug wires with an ohms meter if you are familiar with that.
      I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by md86
        Sounds like #1 is NOT firing . It WILL get hot , but not as hot as the others . Trust me , I know this for a fact , as I've seen it ALOT . Change the plug for starters . Betcha it's black . Then you'll just have to see if it happens ago and try to figure out why . If it's a coil , usually BOTH cyclinders will die , or so I hear . You COULD try to swap wires and see if the problem moves to the other cylinder . Change 1&4 . I'm pretty sure that's right ... Of course , the wire for 1 is kinda short , so it might not reach :-k .
        If the plug is black and does not have anything built up on it what does it mean????? I have to pull the plug again to see what it looks like.
        Is Effingham a swear word?

Comment

Use this guide to compare the spark plugs to:

NGK Spark Plugs - FAQ Section - Plug Comparison Chart

Cheers
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
          X