X

air filter part number?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• air filter part number?

does anyone have a good part number for an air filter for a 94 kat 600 , the stealership wants 39 bucks and i dont want to pay that much for an air filter ,oh and btw its stock no k&n
    BONES HEAL ,CHICKS DIG SCARS ,PAIN IS TEMPPORARY AND GLORY IS FOREVER

Part # 13780-20C00

Lists for $34.21

After shipping, you are probably better off getting it from the dealer.

You might be able to pick up an Emgo for cheap, but you get what you pay for.
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by redskins888 View Post
      does anyone have a good part number for an air filter for a 94 kat 600 , the stealership wants 39 bucks and i dont want to pay that much for an air filter ,oh and btw its stock no k&n

My stock filter was $50, parts that work right aren't cheap
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
        My stock filter was $50, parts that work right aren't cheap
        point taken , i'll get the suzuki filter thankx for the input
        BONES HEAL ,CHICKS DIG SCARS ,PAIN IS TEMPPORARY AND GLORY IS FOREVER

Comment

I carry the OEM filter for $33. Be on your doorstep 2nd mail day after it goes out (3rd day after payment).

PM me if you still need one; can have it outbound in the morning and at your door on Wednesday.

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet

__________________________________________________ ________
          CyberPoet's Katana Maintence and Upgrade Parts Offerings
          The Best Metal Steel Aluminum Motorcycle Tire Valves in the World, plus lots of motorcycle & Katana (GSX600F / GSX750F) specific help files.
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Parts Unlimited offers an EMGO stock replacement filter (p/n 12-93890) for $17.95, and you can order it from virtually any bike shop.

'97 YZF1000R, '98 & '02 Bandit 1200's, '72 XS-2, '97 CBR900RR Project, '85 700 Interceptor, '75 RD350

Comment

IMHO: Do NOT order the Emgo alternative for the Kat!

When your bike isn't producing vacuum right and having fueling issues that you can't pin down, it'll come back to the fact that the emgo does not provide the same level of resistance to vacuum intake as the OEM filter. While they look almost identical, the OEM is thicker in it's matting materials and has longer pleating length to boot. For most riders, if you need to cheap, knock out the old OEM filter and reuse it instead of replacing it on schedule (there's enough material there that it can do a long duty cycle).

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet

The Best Metal Steel Aluminum Motorcycle Tire Valves in the World, plus lots of motorcycle & Katana (GSX600F / GSX750F) specific help files.
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

This is a little off topic but has anyone ever considered hooking a magnehelic gauge up and finding out what exactly the difference in pressure differential is when running a stock, aftermarket and K&N filter?

Tmod

Comment

I haven't looked at it in that sense, but I have looked at it on the dyno itself, swapping back and forth and looking at torque and exhaust gas analysis. All the aftermarket ones I've seen flow more, but they don't do so in any fashion that I would consider linear, which is the real source of the issues (Mikuni worked their magic based on the assumption of a certain change in flow rates as RPM's change).

I would be interested in reading your results if you decide to do this at any point.

Cheers,
                  =-= The CyberPoet

Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
                    I haven't looked at it in that sense, but I have looked at it on the dyno itself, swapping back and forth and looking at torque and exhaust gas analysis. All the aftermarket ones I've seen flow more, but they don't do so in any fashion that I would consider linear, which is the real source of the issues (Mikuni worked their magic based on the assumption of a certain change in flow rates as RPM's change).

I would be interested in reading your results if you decide to do this at any point.

Cheers,
                    =-= The CyberPoet

Hmmm may have to add this to my list of things to do. I am getting a K&N for free so there is one and I have the stock and I also have a magnehelic gauge. Now to find time for this project.

Tmod

Comment

I've never had any problems using an Emgo replacement air filter in any of the many bikes I've owned. Empirical evidence is the best evidence!
                      '97 YZF1000R, '98 & '02 Bandit 1200's, '72 XS-2, '97 CBR900RR Project, '85 700 Interceptor, '75 RD350

Comment

Working...
                      X