X

91 Kat 600 Carb question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 91 Kat 600 Carb question

I just Bought a 91 kat 600 for $900.00 it was mostly complete with exception of a windscreen an garb bar,front fender---All got off ebay for under $90.00 total with shipping
    my questions are what are the Stock setting for the air/fuel Mix screws? an Stock flot heights?
    I ask cuz well i got the bike running after new plugs an after cleaning the carbs.. but after it warms up it dont want to restart for nothing. if i open the throttle up just a hair it will catch.
    the mods that i can tell thats been done to it are a Kat750 4-into-1 exhaust Vance&Hines an the DIY Ing. advance. i check the A/F scerws an set them at 2 turns out an the Main Jets are the stock 112.5. i do notice that while running if i twist the throttle up to about 8K it backfires out the exhaust a bit. like its a lean but still smells a bit rich... i am kinda scratching my head a bit.
    any ideas i am missing here feel free to advise away.

also on a side note i am looking for a 98-02 Kat rear wheel... 600 or 750. dont matter just need a 4.5in rim

Bikes
    2008 Suzuki GS500F
    1991 Suzuki GSX600F

a/f screws - 2.5 turns (recommended, but maybe a little more with the V&N exhaust)
    float height - 14.6mm (+/-1mm)
    What kinda plugs did you use? and is an oil change on the horizon?
    2001 Suzuki GSX-R 750

sigpic

Comment

See also: Carb tuning http://katriders.com/wiki/index.php5...buretor_Tuning
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

NGK factory plugs. Oil change is set for today if the weather warms up a bit
        a/f mix @ 2.5 turns
        i did replace the float assembly 0-rings,. that stoped the rich smell
        set the floats at 15mm.
        as for the DIY ING advancer. would it be better to set it back to factory to get a better base line on how it runs an idles?

Bikes
        2008 Suzuki GS500F
        1991 Suzuki GSX600F

Comment

When something ain't running right... go back to baseline before attempting mods.

If the floats are at 15mm... that can still be a little high.
          -Steve

sigpic

Comment

thx that i can do i'll set the floats to spec, as for the ING Advancer i'll move it back. i cant do anything about the pipe. i dont have the 4-into-2 so i'll just work with what i got. Not to much diffrent from my 08 GS500F. thx for all the imput, IF i am missing anything feel free to advise me a bit more

Bikes
            2008 Suzuki GS500F
            1991 Suzuki GSX600F

Comment

BTW guys if there is away to add an oil temp gauge an sender unit can you direct me to a link or explain how to get it wired an mounted?

Bikes
              2008 Suzuki GS500F
              1991 Suzuki GSX600F

Comment

the answer is right above your thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabid-Viper06 View Post
                  BTW guys if there is away to add an oil temp gauge an sender unit can you direct me to a link or explain how to get it wired an mounted?

The first answer is free. On the second question I'll kindly ask you to check out the search box above. I suggest using the Google Site Search.

For all those people who find it more convenient to bother you with their question rather than to Google it for themselves.
                  -Steve

sigpic

Comment

MotorCycleAnchor has the oil guage and sender. Location on the oilpan on a pre is in discussion as we type this. Since yours has the aftermarket exhaust Single side pipe, You are in the same place I am. Hang tight tho. Myself and MD and Cyber are working on a Pre placement now for the sender both with single and dual exhaust.
                    If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
                    Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

Pre 750 . Pre600 is a different aminal I don't feel like getting into .
                      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

heres some pic of the plastics i was workin on them all day today

Bikes
                        2008 Suzuki GS500F
                        1991 Suzuki GSX600F

Comment

Working...
                        X