X

Carburetor Synchronizer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carburetor Synchronizer

going to order a synch tool tomorrow. Which is better the Mercury or the Guages? Is it just a matter of preference?
    92 Katana 600 Project bike
    Some assembly required is my middle name!!!

It's just a matter of preference, and price, they both do the same thing if you do it right.

Comment

Go with the mercury, I had one (till I droped it last week) and I loved it. I had the motion pro economy one but next week I am buying the pro one it is built alot better.
      PM me for Ultrasonic Carb Cleaning, pilot screw o-rings and washers and mercury refills

Harley Davidson
      The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the biproduct of horsepower

Comment

Preference, I like the gauges, murcury is more accurate but not enough to be an issue in the tuning of your carbs. For at home personal use get the gauges.
        TDA Racing/Motorsports
        1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
        Who knows what is next?
        Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
        Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

I'm a big one for NONE OF THE ABOVE.

Personally, if you have the $$ to afford it, I think you should go for the Morgan CarbTuneII, which uses solid steel weights instead of mercury or gauges. It should last you a lifetime and then some...

If you're on the other end of the money spectrum, look up on the web how to build one for a couple bucks using lots of tubing and common liquids (such as water). Caution: you'll need at least an one-story building to mount it...

Cheers
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

The Morgan gauges are what Suzuki uses.
            TDA Racing/Motorsports
            1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
            Who knows what is next?
            Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!

Comment

Originally posted by THAZKAT
              But Suzuki charges 2.5 times as much if you order it under their sku instead of directly from Morgan...

Cheers
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                Originally posted by THAZKAT
                But Suzuki charges 2.5 times as much if you order it under their sku instead of directly from Morgan...

Cheers
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Just a American company I know real well LMAO
                TDA Racing/Motorsports
                Who knows what is next?

Comment

Corey had built one out of tubing and a yard stick after he had broken his. We used tranny fluid. Man is that stuff accurate!
                  Kan-O-Gixxer!
                  -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                  -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                  -Ohlins Susupension
                  -Various Other Mods

Comment

I searched last night and found a home made version that used tranny fluid and 20 ft of hose. Did you have any problem with the hose getting too soft from the engine heat?
                    92 Katana 600 Project bike
                    Some assembly required is my middle name!!!

Comment

Since on the Kat you only really tune two carbs at a time you could get away with two tubes taped to a yard stick..

note: this would only be for balancing carb to carb, the readings would only relate to each other.

I would agree with cyber get the morgan if you can.

Comment

Originally posted by Gear Dog
                        I searched last night and found a home made version that used tranny fluid and 20 ft of hose. Did you have any problem with the hose getting too soft from the engine heat?
                        Nope, no problem at all. We used 2 different size hose though. For the measuring part, we used a hose that had a inside diameter of 1/1 inch, then to hook it up to the carbs, a hose that had a outside diameter of 1/2 inch. That way the tranny fluid would go into the hose without to many bubbles, and the smaller hose connects right to the nipples. If you find you have bubbles, just run a wire through the hose and let it drain. Also, no worries if some tranny fluid gets sucked in to the engine, it will just smoke a bit. Not to much heat from the engine to cause the hose to get soft or anything. with the tranny fluid, it doesn't need to be exactly even either, you can be a bit off as that tranny fluid is really accurate. You would have a hell of a time getting it even.

If you find that your starting to get close to the point where some may get sucked into the engine, just turn off the engine, and let the fluid settle a bit.
                        Kan-O-Gixxer!
                        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                        -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                        -Ohlins Susupension
                        -Various Other Mods

Comment

you said nipples

Comment

Just a couple pic's of our carb sync yard stick! Worked great on the Kat.

Biker chicks know how to ride.....

Comment

And the lug nuts do what now???

Comment

Working...
                              X