X

Spring rate

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring rate

Can someone assist me in finding the stock spring rate for pre 98 750 forks? Or maybe, suggest a good spring rate for replacement? I am looking for a stiffer ride but still want the Katana comfort.

How much do you weigh?

Call Traxxion Dynamics or Racetech.

Race Tech Suspension has over 39 years of creating hi-performance suspension solutions for motorcycles, ATVs, UTVs, and snowmobiles.

Order cartridge emulators while you're at it.
    -Steve

Comment

ALOT!!!!!!!!!!
      this isn't like a what are you wearing question is it???

Comment

Umm, no... But it is the biggest factor is what the proper weight springs are for your bike!

Just a guess, but I'd say you probably need .9 springs... The Kat's a heavy bike but doesn't have a tremendous amount of weight forward and the rake isn't extreme.
        -Steve

Comment

The OEM spring rate for the 98+ Kats is a variable (progressive) rate spring. I don't know what the actual rate is...

+1 on the RaceTech.com recommendation in the USA. For the UK, I can make a similar recommendation for an outfit there.

Cheers
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

ok Now??

Great information, thank-you for your responses. Now to the next step. WHO has the best prices, I have googled different parts and found ok prices, If I piece it all together.
            Springs
            Emulators
            Racetech lube

Comment

Working...
            X