Engine side covers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine side covers

I got a couple questions about the side covers on a gsx engine

I want to take the Silver covers that are stock on a 98+ 750 and use my High heat paint and turn them black. Its a design concept for the bike basically.
    Now i know before i yank the Oil filler one off i got to drain the oil out of the bike, but what about the Clutch cover? If i crack this cover off, will the Clutch assembly fall out of the bike? or will it stay in the engine case while i primer and paint the cover.
    thanks
    Rod

One dearly hopes the clutch assembly is firmly attatched and will not fall out when the cover is off. If it does you gots more problems than just a unpainted cover.
    99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
    1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
    '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
    Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

The clutch shouldn't fall out of the bike... it's got parts holding it on.
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Just so as a newbie won't be confused, the oil filler cover is the engine clutch cover and the other cover you speak of is the starter clutch cover or commonly called the starter cover. After you drain the oil, you'll be good to go on both without parts flying around.
        2000 Katana 600
        2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

Thanks Guys

Comment

Jeez if that happens let me know. Note to self: clutch is duct taped on.

Comment

I have taken all my covers off..as everyone said, you have no problems.
              It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

Working...
              X