X

clutch adjustment...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clutch adjustment...

ok.. i have read the how to on adjusting it... my question is, i feel it is starting to slip, the bike has 32000 km on it... now.. is it worth me trying to adjust the clutch a little, or just change it out.. if i do adjust it, will it make a difference? and what kind of mileage is normal to get out of a 01 kat 750... i am not the original owner, i picked up the bike with 23000 at the start of this season, and i am not that hard on the clutch.. well.. sometimes

Suzuki says the clutch is expected to last 35,000 - 40,000 km in an typical urban setting under normal use. Slipping the clutch a lot, inner-city use, or clutch abuse will shorten the life, while lots of highway miles (little or no shifting) will extend it greatly.

It costs nothing to try to adjust it -- I'd suggest trying, and if nothing else, you're just back in square 1 looking to replace the clutch

KNOW THIS:
    Modern car oils contain friction modifiers that will cause a wet-clutch motorcycle (like the Katana) to slip the clutch. DO NOT USE AUTOMOTIVE OILS RATED API SJ/SL/SM NOR THOSE WHICH SAY "ENERGY CONSERVING" IN THE LOWER HALF OF THE API RATING RING!

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet

Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

thanks CP.. thanks for the input, as for the oil.. its amsoil full synthetic all the time..

Comment

I go for adjust it, and leave it 1/8 turn looser than you think it should be. That will assure that you are not accidentally running with the clutch partially disengaged.
        Pics
        Pics
        No pics yet
        Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Working...
        X