X

Exhaust Choices...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust Choices...

All right guys and Gals you are gonna hate my lack of use of the search feature for this, but I'm hoping i will receive help anyways...

New owner/Poster on my 1990 Katana 600...Love the bike, Girl loves the bike, Very quick for new rider...IE parents want me to sell it lol.

Anyways, to show my inexperience I was riding my newly tuned and adjusted and treaded Katana with wayyyy to many miles to care too much about, when my buddy(not very experienced) locked his rear brake...

I, being the inexperienced rider I am, Decided "Hey that looks fun I want to try too!" and locked my brake up, thinking a car was oncoming...

As I watched him Unable to control his skid, I calmly left my own thirty foot poo-mark, and came to the point where I could have let off(intelligent thing to do) and control my turn...

However, While i watched him start to down his bike on the right, and superman dive off of it into the bushes, I failed to realize that even if you are traveling at 10mph Gravel offers a very good slide accelerator.

At this point I decided that the superman dive was a great idea and let my bike go down onto the right side. oops! luckily the CHP was very understanding and I had my Insurance and Registration, so he decided since my bike ran I could go home without a ticket for my obviously reckless speed...

Anyways my bike suffered little damage, Bending the brake pedal, and scratching my already less than flawless Fairings. One sad dent happened to my tank, however i was able to limp it home...

THE PROBLEM

I have no real mechanical problems with the bike, except for my now ruined exhaust lol. I have a 4-1 header, and Had what appears to be a HONDA exhaust on the bike(thanks to the previous moron who owned my bike, who was amazingly unable to tune it properly or bleed brakes or attach fairings with matching bolts, or remove fairings before painting them!) Needless to say I hate the previous owner lol....

However the real problem for me is getting the proper exhaust on my bike...Now, I am slightly limited by funds, and My big question is What kind of Exhaust can i use on my bike. I am hoping an old GSXR Can will work however I need to have correct back pressure obviously...I am under the impression that the exhaust is from a 900RR and the bike has been rejetted...not sure however...I do have a KN Filter and the bike ran ok with the previous exhaust...

So to restate the question...what exhaust is suitable? great KATANA Gods...HELP ME PLEASE!!!
    Input is appreciated and I can answer any questions asked...
    Thanks in advance!
    Manik

Odds are the header will only fit the stock sized mid-pipe used on the 98+ models. In that case, you're looking at a Kat exhaust in general (Bandit will work too, ditto GSXR600 through 92).

Suggest you start here:

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet

Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

exhaust

Originally posted by ManikMaster View Post
      All right guys and Gals you are gonna hate my lack of use of the search feature for this, but I'm hoping i will receive help anyways...

New owner/Poster on my 1990 Katana 600...Love the bike, Girl loves the bike, Very quick for new rider...IE parents want me to sell it lol.

Anyways, to show my inexperience I was riding my newly tuned and adjusted and treaded Katana with wayyyy to many miles to care too much about, when my buddy(not very experienced) locked his rear brake...

I, being the inexperienced rider I am, Decided "Hey that looks fun I want to try too!" and locked my brake up, thinking a car was oncoming...

As I watched him Unable to control his skid, I calmly left my own thirty foot poo-mark, and came to the point where I could have let off(intelligent thing to do) and control my turn...

However, While i watched him start to down his bike on the right, and superman dive off of it into the bushes, I failed to realize that even if you are traveling at 10mph Gravel offers a very good slide accelerator.

At this point I decided that the superman dive was a great idea and let my bike go down onto the right side. oops! luckily the CHP was very understanding and I had my Insurance and Registration, so he decided since my bike ran I could go home without a ticket for my obviously reckless speed...

Anyways my bike suffered little damage, Bending the brake pedal, and scratching my already less than flawless Fairings. One sad dent happened to my tank, however i was able to limp it home...

THE PROBLEM

I have no real mechanical problems with the bike, except for my now ruined exhaust lol. I have a 4-1 header, and Had what appears to be a HONDA exhaust on the bike(thanks to the previous moron who owned my bike, who was amazingly unable to tune it properly or bleed brakes or attach fairings with matching bolts, or remove fairings before painting them!) Needless to say I hate the previous owner lol....

However the real problem for me is getting the proper exhaust on my bike...Now, I am slightly limited by funds, and My big question is What kind of Exhaust can i use on my bike. I am hoping an old GSXR Can will work however I need to have correct back pressure obviously...I am under the impression that the exhaust is from a 900RR and the bike has been rejetted...not sure however...I do have a KN Filter and the bike ran ok with the previous exhaust...

So to restate the question...what exhaust is suitable? great KATANA Gods...HELP ME PLEASE!!!
      Input is appreciated and I can answer any questions asked...
      Thanks in advance!
      Manik
      tomorrow i may have a titanium slipon for sale cheap if your intersted.

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather skid in sideways, beer in one hand, cigarette in the other, your body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WHO HOO what a ride"

Comment

exhaust

Thanks for the input guys...another question...itsa a two inch outlet from my header does that help to know which header i have?

Comment

Working...
        X