No announcement yet.
X

Chrome Project Dyno Results

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gotcha. Yeah, so you have proven that an entirely different kit then a GSXF kit has tubes I'd advise you NOT to get an attitude with me, that usually doesn't turn out well.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmod View Post
      But in all fairness to the DJ kit this is not a stock bike that the kit was installed on. There is a reason that DJ and Factory give you multiple jets.

Now just for the hell of it I would like to see a run with a stock bike and the same setup that mreedohio has in his bike.

Tmod
      i live close to Mrreed and would like to see what mine will do compared to his

anyways, the jet kit seems to have the proper AFR from 9k until redline (peak HP)
      i am not a guru on bikes, but i am good with 4 bangers on cars, even turbo engines
      for those who know, best VE is achieved on peak TQ

it seems that the pig rich mid range is a problem, many people have already posted what to do, so i dont think i have to go over it again. but a better kit or tunning the needles might give you tons of more mid range useful power for every day riding, but the engine wont create much more power on top end with more gas,necesarily until the engine timing is messed with a little. anything under 13.5 AFR its just unburnt fuel that will just not help
      Last edited by 4g vtec; 08-27-2008, 09:13 PM.
      97 GSX600 w/ 9,363mi = $300 (Deal of the century)
      94.5whp on a Dyno Dynamics

Comment

Originally posted by 4g vtec View Post
        i live close to Mrreed and would like to see what mine will do compared to his

anyways, the jet kit seems to have the proper AFR from 9k until redline (peak HP)
        i am not a guru on bikes, but i am good with 4 bangers on cars, even turbo engines
        for those who know, best VE is achieved on peak TQ

it seems that the pig rich mid range is a problem, many people have already posted what to do, so i dont think i have to go over it again. but a better kit or tunning the needles might give you tons of more mid range useful power for every day riding, but the engine wont create much more power on top end with more gas,necesarily until the engine timing is messed with a little. anything under 13.5 AFR its just unburnt fuel that will just not help
        Seems a little lean at 14:1 at 12,000.

Tmod

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
          gotcha. Yeah, so you have proven that an entirely different kit then a GSXF kit has tubes I'd advise you NOT to get an attitude with me, that usually doesn't turn out well.
          The point was not which kit has tubes, the point was that you pop off at your mouth before you even make sense of what was posted before you. Like I said, more ear, less lip. Truth be told, I could give a f**k less what you think about my attitude. Come back down off that high horse of yours, and maybe I'll put some value in the garbage you spit out.
          Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

you spit out plenty of garbage not me, maybe if someone brings me down off my high horse, I will, until then DEAL WITH IT

Comment

Not gonna happen......... even if somebody proved you wrong, you wouldn't listen anyway. You've got some superiority complex to deal with. It will catch up to you eventually.
              Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

co mon guys, lets not be keyboard warriors, we dont want to ruin this thread
                97 GSX600 w/ 9,363mi = $300 (Deal of the century)
                94.5whp on a Dyno Dynamics

Comment

Originally posted by 4g vtec View Post
                  co mon guys, lets not be keyboard warriors, we dont want to ruin this thread
                  Don't worry, we're just having a discussion. It's not considered an argument until somebody turns the caps lock on!

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
                    Don't worry, we're just having a discussion. It's not considered an argument until somebody turns the caps lock on!
                    PLEASE, someone turn the caps lock on... I got a nice picture to put up for ppls fighting online.
                    sigpic
                    Update Jul 11 2014
                    Done finally road worthy, Huge difference in looks compare to the pic in my SIG. Will update everything soon.

Comment

well thom will know what to do now that he has the chart. i dont think a change in jet kit can happen at the moment, i dont want to be without my bike any longer. once we get this tuning down, i set up another apptment before the meet and ride for some dyno runs to see what the additonal tuning accomplished. the guy also said the full yoshi system wasnt helping me really because the piping doesnt gradually get bigger throughout the full exhaust. i really would like to see 85hp. maybe even in the 90s with the factory pro. i did see a small flame come out of the exhaust when he was taking it to redline during the pulls. he also said it seemed jerky when we was in the 3-6k range
                      Chrome Project Part 1
                      http://www.freewebs.com/mreedohio/

Chrome Project Part 2

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Chrome Project Part 3
                      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192&page=30

Chrome Project Finished
                      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=107586

Comment

Originally posted by mreedohio View Post
                        the guy also said the full yoshi system wasnt helping me really because the piping doesnt gradually get bigger throughout the full exhaust. i really would like to see 85hp. maybe even in the 90s with the factory pro. i did see a small flame come out of the exhaust when he was taking it to redline during the pulls. he also said it seemed jerky when we was in the 3-6k range
                        Seeing that you are rich in the 3~6K range I can see why it wouldn't be as good as it should or could be. I don't understand the tech's comment about the pipe though unless he is suggesting to get a Megaphone system like the pro stock bikes.

Anyway good luck on the tuning and post the results after you run it again.

Tmod

Comment

when he was explaining the exhaust he picked up one their headers they make and showed me where the header bolts up to the bike and how it starts off small and then an inch or two down the piping the pipe got bigger and go down another inch or so and the pipe got bigger and so fourth all the way to the midpipe. heres the exhaust they mostly make http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/08-Ha...spagenameZWDVW
                          Chrome Project Part 1
                          http://www.freewebs.com/mreedohio/

Chrome Project Part 2

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Chrome Project Part 3
                          http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192&page=30

Chrome Project Finished
                          http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=107586

Comment

(for Arsenic and L&L)

This is great!!!

Keep it up guys.....

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

Any jet kit IMO that does not require float/fuel level changes, pilot changes/ adjustments is doing less then a good job for your performance.

I've used DJ kits in many cruiser with no issues but most crusier guys are not looking for PEEK performance either, just a jet kit that will allow them to run drag pipes with out a melt down
                              98 GSX750F
                              95 Honda VT600 vlx
                              08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

The big dip in power shown on the dyno sheet starts at 4.5k just about where it will be coming off the pilot circuit & on to the main jet ( yes that sounds high but it will the crossover will have moved cos of the mods) the rest of the sheet looks pretty good for a first run imo, smoothing this out by dropping the needles one notch & having a play with the air screws will go a long way to making more power at the top end, around 90bhp should be possible if the dyno man knows his stuff

I wont get into the pro's & cons of dj kits against jetting yourself or other kits but will say the reason for a 135 dj & a 135 mic jet being different sizes is that one is measured by hole size & the other by flow
                                Renthals & twin spots do not make a streetfighter !

Comment

Working...
                                X