X

Not having the best of luck...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not having the best of luck...

Beautiful day out, got the bike ready for a cruise and as I left the driveway *clink*... Looked back, seen nothing kept riding to see if anything was wrong. Looked down and my spedo wasn't working. I can post some pics, I don't know a lot about my kat still as far as some of the mechanics.

Looks like the wiring near the wheel and rotor cracked, and popped off of its normal position. Anyone think they can help me?

What year is your kat post up that and pictures would be great help.
    www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Well, if hes saying wiring near the wheel and rotor :::arched brow::::: Then I would have to assume, he has a pre 98 since the posts speedos are off the sprocket.

If it is a pre, and the front cable came off the housing, then you probably lost the thin square wire that is inside the sleeve. If thats the case, time for a new speedo cable.

But this is based on the assumption that it is indeed a pre.
      If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
      Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

It is a pre-98 sorry. I could post up some pics in the morning, looks like a pretty simple fix if someone knew what they were doing. I was going to take it in to get the carbs cleaned, how much you think it would cost to fix the speedo?

Comment

new speedo cable from dennis kirk, $13 + shipping. methinks cyber has them too maybe?
          99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
          1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
          '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
          Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

on my 05 kat 600 the guage cluster is acting funny. everything works but the speedo and rpms. we traced the wires and cable but didnt find anything wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by DumbLuck View Post
              new speedo cable from dennis kirk, $13 + shipping. methinks cyber has them too maybe?
              Actually, the speedo cables are the only ones I don't carry at this instant, because no one has ever asked me for one (I only carry what's in demand).

Originally posted by ken123allen View Post
              on my 05 kat 600 the guage cluster is acting funny. everything works but the speedo and rpms. we traced the wires and cable but didnt find anything wrong.
              If both the speedo and RPM's are out on a 98+, odds are it's in the multipin connectors (either one of the two 20-pin connectors coming up towards the dash or the one at the rear of the dash). The Speedo by itself, and I would have said the sender, but the RPM's are not a function of that sender.

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
              X