X

16 tooth spocket

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by baddkat View Post
    I think 17/42 would be too much even for the 750 and would actually increase fuel consumption on the highway.
    That depends on jetting and riding style. Gasoline powered engines using throttles run more efficiently when near wide open throttle. So gearing that puts the engine under load CAN produce better mileage subject to proper jetting and WAY TOO many other variables including engine design. The key is to gear for the engine to run in its most efficient rpm range when you do most of your riding. My best ratio may be totally different then yours.

Comment

Originally posted by GregS View Post
      That depends on jetting and riding style. Gasoline powered engines using throttles run more efficiently when near wide open throttle. So gearing that puts the engine under load CAN produce better mileage subject to proper jetting and WAY TOO many other variables including engine design. The key is to gear for the engine to run in its most efficient rpm range when you do most of your riding. My best ratio may be totally different then yours.
      If you want to consider the variables we could be here all day long too but we are assuming stock unless otherwise mentioned.
      sigpic'06 750Kat, SCORPIO alarm, integrated turn sigs into smoked LED tail light, gun metal frt turn sigs & windshield, shovel MIA, AMSOIL throughout, TARGA tank cover, PIIA 130Db Sport Horns. 16-45 sprocket set-up

Comment

Working...
      X