X

Cant ride today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cant ride today

This really sucks i was cleaning around my back tire and my valve stem leaks if I move it a little
    No riding for me I can take the tire off but all the cycle shop around here are closed today.
    Maybe Ill just put some gle around it and say F..... it.
    Im so Pi.....ed
    Im not a carburetor guru.

take it to a local garage they maybe able to help you out. I know the Shell here in town does it for bikes.

Comment

Install My Solid Metal Bodied (billet Aluminum) Tire Valves and never have that issue again!

motorcycleanchor.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, motorcycleanchor.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
        Install My Solid Metal Bodied (billet Aluminum) Tire Valves and never have that issue again!

motorcycleanchor.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, motorcycleanchor.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Does that use a rubber gasket or o-ring where it goes through the wheel?

If so are those replaceable? And can we get those?

Tmod

Comment

It has a molded-on EPDM gasket on the underside of the top part; the nut pressures the gasket to the wheel itself. The gasket & the valve itself are generally "lifetime use" items -- in a decade, the valve & seal will still be perfectly good; you might have to replace the schraeder valve inside (i.e. - the part with the pin you press to let out air -- $1-$4 part, any bicycle/motorcycle/auto parts store).

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Ok cool looks like I will get a couple as I will be changing tires pretty soon.

Tmod

Comment

My specific advice: since you never know when you're going to get a nail & have to change a tire unexpectedly, grab the valves as soon as you figure out you want them and hold on to them until you need tires.

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Well put rubber valve stem in (would like cybers billet vavles but just cant swing it at the moment)
                Broke the bead using a 2 by 3 6 inches long cut at an angle
                put the tire near the deck and put the 2 by 3 at rims edge
                and put a 2by 6 piece of wood under edge of dec and prress down like a see saw and the bead broke easily
                so im good to go for now..
                Im not a carburetor guru.

Comment

Working...
                X