X

battery help

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• battery help

my battery is dead. i refilled with distilled, and still wont hold enough of a charge to start the bike. the lights will still come on, but dim. should i just get this same battery again, or would u suggest something different? i saw on the side of my bat, yuasa is right in reading. not too far from me actually. also, what should i do with this one?

and wheres the best/cheapest place to get another one?

1989 katana 750

maintanence free

Napa carries glass mat maintenance free batteries they also have regular lead acid
    the price will definatley be higher for glass mat, but are better quality
    the are made by east penn in pa
    the glass mat is to deal with the higher vibrations that come in bikes
    make sure that if you ever charge that you use a trickle charge(less than 2amps) most bike batteries dont like anything fast
    most sellers will dispose of your old battery free of charge and properly
    Last edited by rexazz2; 06-26-2008, 05:17 PM. Reason: more info
    Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

well we tried a trickle charge at my friends work... didnt hold it.

ive been jumping it from my truck LOL

you dont think it will explode on me do u?

i guess ill have to hit a napa sometime soon, see what they got
      1989 katana 750

Comment

I don't think it'll explode but it definitely time for a new battery.
        R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

ok i got another cheap battery from ken carr honda. its brand new, no fluid in it... can i just fill it with distilled water and charge it or do i need acid? or is there already some acid in it and i just need to fill with water? lol

also, what should i use to charge? i bought a cheap float charger, would this be okay?

i didnt really pay too much attention, but the battery has a vaccum cap on the side or something. i unplugged it and there was heavy air flow, not sure in or out. also it has a tube that comes with it... idk
          1989 katana 750

Comment

The last time I bought a bike battery, it came with a little bottle of acid that I had to add to it, and then add water to that.
            Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Usually regular lead acid batteries come with electrolyte solution (acid and water premixed), fill each well and let it sit for a while. This allows the electrolyte to absorb into the plates in the battery. If the the electrolyte level has fallen below the min line add more until it is over. Look at the instructions to determine what length of time/amperage to charge it for. Any charger will work, just be careful not to over charge it.

Comment

hmm. this battery came with no bottle of anything.. where the hell do i get electrolyte solution??? damnit i knew this was too cheap to be true ($21)
                1989 katana 750

Comment

I'd probably ask somebody where you got the battery. Maybe your particular battery ships only needing water. i don't know.
                  Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

should be filled with acid for sure
                    allow to soak 4 hrs
                    tilt side to side to let air bubbles up
                    trikle charge for 24 hrs

should have a hose that goes on that tit that points downward for venting

any topping up at a later date can be done with DISTILED WATER ONLY

they probably have acid where u bought, in bulk, should only be a couple bucks to fill 4 you

AND YES YOU USUALLY GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR
                    Last edited by rexazz2; 07-04-2008, 06:35 PM. Reason: more info
                    Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Acid - try a battery store, or go back to the car dealer...

Yup, you got what you paid for.

Cheers,
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                      X