X

Replacing intake manifolds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing intake manifolds

Okay, this might be a stupid question but maybe someone can get a good laugh, he he.

Is it possible to replace the intake manifolds without having to synch the carbs again? Loosening all carbs from the boot but keeping them "synched".

Thanks.

No. Re synch the carbs every time you remove them from the motor.
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Actually, in theory, it should work. The sync may shift, but it should only shift minorly because the intake boots (velocity stacks) are the same shape/size as the ones coming off. But that begs the question -- if they are identical to the ones coming off, why do you need to exchange them?

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Thanks for the input both.

The reason for asking is that i observed something that might become a small crack at some point.

No problems yet though.

Comment

I have the intakes when you're ready.

Comment

If you have a crack in the existing intake stacks when you did the carb sync, you'll need to resync after it's resolved, because that DOES affect how the cylinder builds vacuum.

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Okay thanks for the tip, i'm not sure if i have a crack there, the bike runs very well and idles nicely.

But it sounds like it would be very wise to invest in a meter and learn to synch the carbs myself. Especially with a kind of old bike that most probably needs some attention now and then.

Comment

If you are the type who knows you're going to be riding for years to come, it's a wise investment, because any multi-carbed bike, as well as any multi-cylinder injected bike will need to be sync'd every so often (every valve adjustment interval, among other things).

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                X