X

here we go again,

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• here we go again,

my idle fluxuating around 3-400rpms at idle. the carbs have been gone through more times than i care to count. i know i need to sync them. but would this cause it? floats are all set at 14.6 float needles are good. still free moving and springy. the throttle cable is all the way in the carbs. new plugs,vac ports have o rings . any ideas other than vac leak? puke tube has cap on it . it is also cold natured, and the idle likes to rise at stoplights. could i be running lean? running dynojunk with a k and n and v&H ss .i know i need to ditch the k and n
    Last edited by forsaken; 06-02-2008, 02:39 PM.
    Rc51 sp2 power commander 3 with custom tune, speedcell battery, titanium rear subframe, sato banzi full titanium exhaust, 16/42 sprockets, turn one carbon fiber airbox and snorkel, sato rearsets scotts damper cgr shorty levers.... more added everyday

1997 kat 600: b12 rear shock, jetted and vance and hines full exhaust.

i guess sooner or later i will have this figured out. ok so. took air box off again and pulled carbs put everything back together and the idle flux is not as bad ... down to maybee 50-75 rpm bounce. i can live withthat. but number 3 went cold again. other pipes are HOT and 3 is warm. i know the jets are clean. i even put a new pilot in #3 just to be safe. anything else i should check?
    Last edited by forsaken; 06-02-2008, 06:53 PM.
    Rc51 sp2 power commander 3 with custom tune, speedcell battery, titanium rear subframe, sato banzi full titanium exhaust, 16/42 sprockets, turn one carbon fiber airbox and snorkel, sato rearsets scotts damper cgr shorty levers.... more added everyday

Comment

Sync Them!!!

Comment

i k now they need to be synced, but would that cause it to loose a cylinder?

it is firing under throttle but dosent seem to be under idle.
        Last edited by forsaken; 06-02-2008, 06:55 PM.

Comment

I'm not 100% sure, ask CP. Out of sync carbs will do some funky stuff.

Comment

just wondering. i am ordering the carbtune pro tomm, i was just trying to figure out if i needed to tear into the carbs again too.i will prolly check the jets one more time just to be safe.

Comment

Q: I thought your float heights should be lower (not that I know about pre-98's all that much)...

If one cylinder is failing at idle, swap plugs and tear that one carb back down & reclean. Obviously, check the tank for rust as well.

Once the sync arrives, sync what you got and then recheck the idle.

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by forsaken View Post
                just wondering. i am ordering the carbtune pro tomm, i was just trying to figure out if i needed to tear into the carbs again too.i will prolly check the jets one more time just to be safe.
                If your ordering it directly from Morgan, Beware of the currency change rate. I just placed an order from them for a total of 109.00 British pounds sterling. On conversion threw the bank, it came out to 228.91 US and since I used my credit card and they do something funky over there with an ATM to convert the money, there was an additional charge of $6+

The dollars trading at less than half a british pound right now.
                If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
                Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

And keep an eye on craigslist -- a lot of riders think just because they moved to an injected bike, they'll never need a sync tool again (Wrong).

Cheers,
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Last edited by The CyberPoet; 06-03-2008, 11:18 AM.
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

If one cylinder is cold, I would check for spark. I just had that happen recently. Cleaned the plugs and it was firing fine again.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
                    who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

ok so, cleaned the crap outta carb number 3 last night,took all of the internals out including the valve bodies. checked plug on 3 also. everything is good. cylinder is still warm compared to the hot others. when my carbtune gets here i will sync them and see if that is it. if not..... i am beaten it will go to the shop

Comment

Working...
                      X