X

cr9e, cr9ek, cr9eix, whats best

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cr9e, cr9ek, cr9eix, whats best

well i have searched and found a few post that ask whats better but havnt found a definite answer. cr9ek is what is in the manual but no one has them in town, cr9eix is irridium and read that there almost a perfect match. cr9e is what was in my bike and i know i can get down at oreilly. my question is if oriely has the cr9eix is that actually any better then cr9e. is it worth the extra like 3 or 4 dollars per plug
    99 katana 600- sold, but not forgotten
    06 yamaha yzf600r- down for the count
    06 Honda CBR 600rr- current bike
    lord, please let me be the person my dog thinks i am

I could be wrong, but I believe the cr9eix has a hotter spark than the cr9e. Therefore it would be the better sparkplug, but I wouldn't necessarily say that you are going to see that much of the difference between the two, so it wouldn't really be worth the extra money.
    -Marty (Red)

sigpic

BANGERANG RUFIO!

Comment

The irridium helps decrease warm up time and since the plugs heat up quicker they will be less likely to foul.

Performance difference - no
      Last edited by Cheriff; 05-26-2008, 10:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
      -2000 "750"

Comment

ok then ill get the cheaper ones since my bike doesnt take THAT long to warm up, and as for fouling, well i guess i can get the cr9eix if these foul to fast
        99 katana 600- sold, but not forgotten
        06 yamaha yzf600r- down for the count
        06 Honda CBR 600rr- current bike
        lord, please let me be the person my dog thinks i am

Comment

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
          X