Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Just cleaned carbs, still have problems. HELP!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floats

Possible Float valve problem? Are the float valves functioning properly? They could be stuck are not working as they should. Or the point on the valve my not be sealing properly (bowls will then flood) causing improper float function.

Comment

Rodimus unintentionally pointed out a potential vacuum leak that I had totally forgotten about -- if the bolts on the side of the airbox that attach it to the rear-tank-support-bracket are missing, it can cause a vacuum leak. Just a thought.

How to tell if it's stock jetting:

Also: when you spray carb cleaner, it swells the seals for a while until they dry out again. This can hamper the slides moving up and down... If you didn't test hours after cleaning, that might have had an affect.

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Last edited by The CyberPoet; 05-26-2008, 02:53 AM.
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

What did you end up doing/how did you fix it? is everything ok now? How can I tell if thats the problem? Thanks.
        I had to replace my diaphrams. Bikebandit.com has them for $17.52 a piece. I chose to have a local (Suzuki certified) mechanic rebuild them and install a Stage 1 Dynojet kit (needles and seats) while they were apart. If you take it to a shop and they have to pull your carbs, you might as well have them do everything you want while they're in there. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
          Rodimus unintentionally pointed out a potential vacuum leak that I had totally forgotten about -- if the bolts on the side of the airbox that attach it to the rear-tank-support-bracket are missing, it can cause a vacuum leak. Just a thought.

How to tell if it's stock jetting:

Also: when you spray carb cleaner, it swells the seals for a while until they dry out again. This can hamper the slides moving up and down... If you didn't test hours after cleaning, that might have had an affect.

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          thanks a lot, I will have to check to see if those are potential problems. We did put the bike back together a little faster than we took it apart as it was getting dark. Maybe I didnt put the bolts back on the airbox correctly? Ill go take a look at it. THanks a lot.

Comment

Working...
          X