X

hamster wheel has been turning...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hamster wheel has been turning...

maybe someone can confirm these numbers before i think more.....

89-97 kat 750 bore is 73mm and stroke is 44.8
    98+ kat 750 bore is 70 mm and stroke is 48.7
    88-89 gsxr 750 bore is 73mm and stroke is 44.8
    90-91 gsxr 750 bore is 70 mm and stroke is 48.7

Right?
    sigpic

try looking it up at bikez.com

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

bikez doesnt list it for the 98+ my haynes has the sizes i posted but the haynes has been wrong before thats why i asked
      sigpic

Comment

If I check that it's gonna be in Haynes also.

Comment

My site has the bore & stroke for the 98+ here:

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

motorcyclespecs.co.za?
            None of us are as dumb as all of us.....

“To do what ought to be done, but would not have been done unless I did it, I thought to be my duty.”
            -Robert Morrison

"
            well, i havent beat katana hero on expert level yet chris" -katanawarrior

"I believe in the free speech that liberals used to believe in, the economic freedom that conservatives used to believe in, and the personal freedom America used to believe in"

Comment

well anywho i was checking the specs because as most know you can you 88-89 gsxr pistons in the 89-97 kat engine, my brain was thinking maybe you can use 90-91 gsxr pistons in the 98+ engine any body know anything i dont yet?
              sigpic

Comment

Why? Do the GSXR pistons raise compression or something?
                2000 Katana 600
                2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

have you checked suzukicycles.org?

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Originally posted by chinto View Post
                    have you checked suzukicycles.org?
                    nope but i will

Why? Do the GSXR pistons raise compression or something?
                    you can get oem suzuki gsxr pistons in oversized up to +1mm

from what i gathered my specs previous are correct
                    Last edited by seabass10369; 05-09-2008, 09:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                    sigpic

Comment

I remember looking into this actually. I wasn't looking at the gsxr pistons but the 750 kat pistons. The problem I ran into was the connecting rods. The pins were a different size as was the diameter where it met the crank. So you can't just plug and play the pistons onto the rods or the rods onto the crank. But like I said, that was for a Kat not the GSXR...
                      None of us are as dumb as all of us.....

“To do what ought to be done, but would not have been done unless I did it, I thought to be my duty.”
                      -Robert Morrison

"
                      well, i havent beat katana hero on expert level yet chris" -katanawarrior

"I believe in the free speech that liberals used to believe in, the economic freedom that conservatives used to believe in, and the personal freedom America used to believe in"

Comment

Originally posted by philwecksr View Post
                        I remember looking into this actually. I wasn't looking at the gsxr pistons but the 750 kat pistons. The problem I ran into was the connecting rods. The pins were a different size as was the diameter where it met the crank. So you can't just plug and play the pistons onto the rods or the rods onto the crank. But like I said, that was for a Kat not the GSXR...
                        little lost here what piston were you putting in what motor... i am looking into puting the gsxr into the kat. suzuki doesnt have oversized kat pistons only gsxr.

Just came across something interesting that i should have checked first. wrist pin for 91 gsxr 750, i reversed checked it on ronayers. came up as fitting both 86-95 gsxr and 99-06 katana. so same bore plus same wrist pin means it should fit the only variables now are piston height and face
                        Last edited by seabass10369; 05-09-2008, 10:10 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X