No announcement yet.
X

What do YOU know about fuel injection?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just ordered my megasquirt.... Should be coming together now....
    None of us are as dumb as all of us.....

“To do what ought to be done, but would not have been done unless I did it, I thought to be my duty.”
    -Robert Morrison

"
    well, i havent beat katana hero on expert level yet chris" -katanawarrior

"I believe in the free speech that liberals used to believe in, the economic freedom that conservatives used to believe in, and the personal freedom America used to believe in"

Comment

• Nice, which MS did you end up going with? Still waiting on my carbtune here
      The fuel injected Katana project

Comment

• I got the II. It'll give me better resolution on the fuel maps (down to 1 microsecond) and hopefully avoid the signal issue you saw earlier... md has a mercury based sync tool I'll probably use, but I've still gotta buy fuel pumps, filters, hose, o2 sensors, temp sensors, etc etc etc so it might be another paycheck from completion at this point

“To do what ought to be done, but would not have been done unless I did it, I thought to be my duty.”
        -Robert Morrison

"

"I believe in the free speech that liberals used to believe in, the economic freedom that conservatives used to believe in, and the personal freedom America used to believe in"

Comment

• Ah, nice. Which board did you get? The 3.0 will eliminate the problems with the tach signal, the 2.2 will still need the HEI unit (or something similar) regardless of the CPU.

Comment

• Oh yeah, sorry, the 3.0 board.

-Robert Morrison

"

Comment

• Thats good. Should simplify things quite a bit for you

Comment

• Sorry for the lack of updates. I got my carbtune 2 days ago but I've been crazily busy with work and a few other projects around the house. The transmission in my only running vehicle took a dump so I've been trying to get at least one of the other cars in my driveway working. Hopefully I'll be able to sync the TBs today and get a nice stable idle.

Comment

• This is WAY more important than work

j/k

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

• Tease

Comment

• The moment we've all been waiting for:

It runs GREAT!

The carbtune is awesome, makes the job really really easy. The only difficulty here was the vac port arrangement on the gsxr tbs. On 3 of them, there is one vac port. The 4th has two ports. The carbtune needs separate signals from each one, so the MAP sensor had to be teporairily relocated to cyl 2 only (the one with 2 ports). This made the bike stall out alot while adjusting that cyl, but its no big deal as I was still able to do the job.

It's idling smoothly and the warmup problems are gone. Just bump the starter and it purrs to life. I've got a cell phone video of it running. Lets see if youtube will cooperate with its strange vid format.. Anyone know of a 3gp converter?

Comment

• Wow i thought this thread was long ago dead....

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

• Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• Well I can see it running via carbtune, but no sound!

Well done otherwise!

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

• Huh. Weird, there was sound on the youtube clip 10 mins ago, I checked. I need to get a real camera one of these days

Comment

• I need more of this .. more video, I need sound. Get that thing put back together.

I've missed this thread, I want some action in here.

Comment

Working...
                                X