X

Chain & sprocket deal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chain & sprocket deal

So now then...I've used the search for the past 30 minutes or so and found no answer or related question.

Thought of selling the Kat this spring and buying something else, but the high $ cost of petrol has AGAIN changed my mind (Let alone that fact that I really like my blue Kat).

The chain and sprockets I have now would most likely last for the next 1K+ miles (little stretch, little slack, little rust / corrosion, few links not looking quite right) but since I've decided to keep it, I'd like to off the original and purchase a new chain & of course, new sprockets (stock).

My inquiry now is for the best deal on quality parts. Not over the top like the kit arsenic has / had but nonetheless, a quality product at the cheapest price now available.

Any leads on a superior deal on them now?

Thanks...
    It would't be any fun if it was easy! BUT, it does have to be this much fun!!

search Ron Ayers or goggle RK/Vortex, that's your best bet more the money. Way to throw the Sidewinder/RK set up in there, just had to do that didn't ya?

Comment

There is a store on Ebay, user name SumofallParts that offers a complete set. I have not dealt with them or know what their like but the price seems good for buyers in the USA.
      Bike is sold

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
        search Ron Ayers or goggle RK/Vortex, that's your best bet more the money. Way to throw the Sidewinder/RK set up in there, just had to do that didn't ya?
        Tried Ron Ayers. Looked like the best deal was around $170. Yeah, the sidewinder... If I could only break out of my poor divorced single parent mode.

Originally posted by Spedee View Post
        There is a store on Ebay, user name SumofallParts that offers a complete set. I have not dealt with them or know what their like but the price seems good for buyers in the USA.
        Thanks Speede but I've also looked at ebay but don't trust the sets there. Maybe I'm paraniod but although the prices are cheap, I have a gut feeling that I will get what I pay for.

Checked out sumofallparts just a bit ago and didn't see anything specific to the Katana. I have purchased from them / him / her in the past for other odds and ends and had good luck though.

On through the tundra...
        Last edited by DayKat; 04-04-2008, 09:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

sumofallparts.net, they are an actual "store" also, they just have an ebay store. Email them.

Comment

FYI Ronayers is currently backordered on the RK vortex combo for the 98+600s . I know because I'm waiting on a set right now .
            Kyle

Comment

if thats a 98+ 600 you need 15/47 118 links 530 pitch. 98+ 750 you need 15/45 116 links 530 pitch.

Comment

If you've got a 98+ 750, I've got your chain & sprocket combo here (Vortex/RK combo kit).

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

If you do not want Cybers set up I can see what kind of deal I can work for you. I will be updating my site soon to include front and rear steel sprockets.
                  www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
                    If you've got a 98+ 750, I've got your chain & sprocket combo here (Vortex/RK combo kit).

Cheers,
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    Thanks Cyber. Although I could have sworn I put that I have a K4 600 in my first post, guess I didn't. One of these days I'll input my garage for reference.

I thought you had sets but when I looked through your site, I didn't see em.

Originally posted by HS2020 View Post
                    If you do not want Cybers set up I can see what kind of deal I can work for you. I will be updating my site soon to include front and rear steel sprockets.
                    Thanks for the offer HS. Like I stated earlier, I have a K4 600 not a 750, so Cyber's offer won't work.

What ya got? PM me an offer. I'm all ears.

Thanks man...
                    Last edited by DayKat; 04-05-2008, 06:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by DayKat View Post
                      Thanks Cyber. Although I could have sworn I put that I have a K4 600 in my first post, guess I didn't. One of these days I'll input my garage for reference.

I thought you had sets but when I looked through your site, I didn't see em.
                      I haven't added them to my inventory permanently yet -- this is a set I bought for my own purposes and I can get another one before I need it, so I was offering to share

Cheers,
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
                        I haven't added them to my inventory permanently yet -- this is a set I bought for my own purposes and I can get another one before I need it, so I was offering to share

Cheers,
                        =-= The CyberPoet
                        Sharing is a good thing!!!
                        Thanks again...

Comment

FYI, I just got my chain & sprockets from Sum of All Parts, great deal, $149 with shipping for RK/Vortex. I ordered over the phone and the only problem I had with them was that they ran my CC immediately, but the chain was on backorder. So they had my $$ for a week before my parts shipped out.
                          "I'm not crazy because I take the right pills."

Comment

You know what would be awesome? If someone were to do a pictorial write-up on how to remove the old chain and sprocket and install a new one on a Pre 600. I could use a changeout myself but I don't have the money for a mechanic or the guts to pull it off on my own.

*edited because I'm an idiot and wasn't specific on wanting a write-up for a Pre. The DIY has a write up for the Post already.
                            Last edited by Bright Wire; 04-27-2008, 12:22 AM. Reason: I'm an idiot and should have been more specific...

Comment

I lucked out with a gold RK chain and sprocket kit. stock steel sprockets. whole thing, brand new in the factory package for under $80 shipped on E-Bay. Gotta keep searching, pay close attention, and snipe when ya find one tho. Cyber, and Dennis Kirk have taken good care of me for other parts along the way.
                              99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
                              1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
                              '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
                              Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

Working...
                              X