X

Whole new set of problems

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whole new set of problems

OK so I get one thing taken care of and now something else developes.
    I took the tank and airbox off today to put the idle screw back in.
    Got it idlin good. Only now that its back together its wants to start sputterin when i try to open her up. I didnt mark the hoses when I took them off the tank(that would just make too much friggin sense right)
    so now im not sure if they are hooked up right. The fuel lines I got. Its the other three. I read some threads and thanks to bp(big surprise there) I know the two lines between one and two and three and four are vents and the one coming off the side of number four is the vacuum line. Do the vents need to be hooked up to something? If so where? How about the vacuum line, I know it needs to be hooked up but again, where?

Once again, the humble idiot needs advice.

its a 95 600 btw
    Last edited by 1BADKAT; 03-28-2008, 05:50 PM. Reason: cause im stupid
    If you truly want to be different...just be yourself.

If you can't stand the heat...become a cop
    Proud to be one of America's Bravest

the vents, no they you drape over the air box. The vacuum hose YES!!! it goes from carb #4 to the back of the petcock.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
      the vents, no they you drape over the air box. The vacuum hose YES!!! it goes from carb #4 to the back of the petcock.
      thanks im going to mess with it now

Comment

well she runs jjust like she used too only now she idles right. One more thing though, I have been reading a lot of bad stuff on here about K&N air filters. I happen to have one on my bike(it came on there when i bought it). My bike has trouble between 8k and 10.5k rpms. It wants to stutter. I can usually power through it but sometimes it is harder than others. Could this be a result of the filter. Will it perform better with a stock setup??

Comment

no, it couldn't be because of the filter, it IS because of the filter, yes stock will fix that.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
            no, it couldn't be because of the filter, it IS because of the filter, yes stock will fix that.
            somehow i just knew you were going to say that. the guru has spoken....stock it will be.

Comment

I have a K&N on mine, and she pulls all the way to red line. I don't know why all the bashing of the K&N. I have had no problems with mine since I got it. If you install it correctly, you should have an air filter to last the life of the bike.

Comment

Originally posted by elkat View Post
                I have a K&N on mine, and she pulls all the way to red line. I don't know why all the bashing of the K&N. I have had no problems with mine since I got it. If you install it correctly, you should have an air filter to last the life of the bike.
                are you telling me I'm wrong and I don't know how to install an air filter? That's sure what it sounds like.

Comment

I'm telling you that I have a K&N with no problems, and you seem to have problems with them, so maybe? Seriously though I understand the pods thing, but not the regular filter.

Comment

Hey I have pods and after many hours of tuneing and tinkering I got mine to run awesome. BUT Arsenic is no dummy and A. I would tell any average joe to use stock and B. If I knew how difficult it was gona be to tune the carbs to run with the pods I can PROMISE you I would not have changed.

A K&N does flow more air then stock I know I have done testing back in school and saw it quantified but that changes how the carbs need to be adjusted. Gota remember that it is not like fuel injection that can adjust with no modding at all to the amount of air coming in and for that sense I would change back to stock air filter. Hey it keeps it simpler for sure..
                    Last edited by creepinghunter; 03-28-2008, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by elkat View Post
                      I'm telling you that I have a K&N with no problems, and you seem to have problems with them, so maybe? Seriously though I understand the pods thing, but not the regular filter.
                      well, I'm congratulating you then, you have managed to miracle a K&N to work.

Comment

Creep hit the head on the nail. If you use a high flow filter you have to adjust the fuel. The best thing for a hi flow is a jet kit and a aftermarket exhaust. It can be used with a stock config but you have to adjust the carbs Best done on a dino. Carbs need the perfect mix of air and fuel. With a high flow you are adding more air So you must add more fuel to the mix. At idle to low RPM the engine does not feel it. But the higher the RPM you get less fuel and to much air. And as we all know air does not ignite alone

Comment

On a separate note: if you have a jetkit in the bike with that K&N, switching to the stock filter with the current jetkit settings may not improve the performance (depends on how far off the jetkit settings are). That said, the stock filter is the better option on any Kat I've ever dealt with...

Originally posted by letsride View Post
                          But the higher the RPM you get less fuel and to much air. And as we all know air does not ignite alone
                          Let's Ride lives! Awesome! You all healed up?

Cheers,
                          =-= The CyberPoet
                          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Whats up Cyber. Just about. The finger and thumb still heart but the kat and me are ready for july. What have you been up to dude. Making it to the rally this year?

Comment

Originally posted by letsride View Post
                              Whats up Cyber. Just about. The finger and thumb still heart but the kat and me are ready for july. What have you been up to dude. Making it to the rally this year?
                              I got my reservation in, just like every year, and I certainly hope to be there...
                              See you then!

Cheers,
                              =-= The CyberPoet
                              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                              X