X

Drain carbs??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drain carbs??

i was off in my calculations last year and didnt put enough stable in the gas (well i ran out and forgot to get more) ...the gas has been drained out of the tank (im repainting it) but i was wondering if i should also drain the carbs because it will prolly sit another moth and i havent taken them apart yet to assess the damage (im planing on pulling gummey worms out of the lines but an not sure yet)

honestly, draining the bowls won't do you any good. That varnish is already in the bottom of the bowls. I would drain the bowls so that you don't suck the old gas through the main jets though.

Comment

i had about 3/4 the amount of stable that i shoulda had in it

what about adding gumout??
      Last edited by 88' 600; 03-28-2008, 05:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

run some seafoam or techron fuel system cleaner thought the first tank of gas, but it will do nothing for the crap that already in the bottom of your float bowls, it will just keep the main jet passages clear.

Comment

IMHO: Unscrew the float bowls, spray them out with carb cleaner. Reassemble. Then run Techron through with the first tank of gas you use.

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Comment

will do thanks guys...the lines to the carbs looked ok so im keeping my fingers crossed...we'll find out tomorrow

Comment

Is this why/when the carburetors were "recently" gone through & jet kit installed?
                1998 Suzuki Katana 750, GSX750F, black, 13,2XX miles, stage-I jet kit, NGK IX iridium spark plugs, ...
                1969-1/2 Dodge Super Bee, A12, 440 Six Pack, 4-speed, Dana 60 rear axle, Butterscotch w/black stripe, black interior
                1974 Plymouth 'Gold' Duster, 225 slant six, automatic, hood scoop, rear spoiler, aluminum wheels ... performance looks set up for daily driving

Comment

It won't be all that bad, you did add stable too. Even without the StaBil, you should be able to drain the old gas, add new stuff & be good to go.

Comment

This thread is OVER TWO YEARS OLD.
                    -Steve

sigpic
                    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Working...
                    X