No announcement yet.
X

Installed a K&N AirFilter but then...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I put the smaller of the two breather rings that come with the K&N filter today.. It runs a lil better. Not much though.

Comment

I've never really noticed any issues with the K&N. At the time I had Special K do the work, I wasnt' seeing any bad comments about the setup so I went with it. Do you have to remove the tank to get the filter out. It looks like four screws holding it in but you can't get to the top two without at least lifting the tank up. Is this right? And please no smartass comments. I'm not a mechanic and don't pretend to be. I'm trying to learn how to do this the right way. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by cjsuret06 View Post
        I put the smaller of the two breather rings that come with the K&N filter today.. It runs a lil better. Not much though.
        I brought my Yoshi and the K&N from a guy for $70 total. The Yoshi was used but the K&N was never used but old. And it only has the large donut so I can't compare.

Originally posted by sjgiardina View Post
        This is the kind of thing I was thinking would happen. I live in the south and it doesn't get really cold around here and if it does it for short periods of time.

BTW, my bike sounds that way sitting or moving and there isn't any flat spot at all. I think I may have lucked out with the tuning but it really runs very sweet with very little tweaking. I think that if I would take it somewhere cold I would have the same problem.
        Sitting still was never a problem it would rev and rev quick it sounded great and had a deep tone in the exhaust. And really on a warm day has said above there was really noticable different once warm up fully. In 5th I still could feel alittle flat really hard to notice if you didn't know what rpm to feel it in. But I think alot of it is your's is a 750 and the tuning combined. Becuz I did try to richen the A/F screw and whatnot and it never improved so. My theory that 750 can pull the fuel to make up for the increased in air.
        Last edited by Rok_Stars_Bars; 05-05-2008, 09:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
        sigpic
        Update Jul 11 2014
        Done finally road worthy, Huge difference in looks compare to the pic in my SIG. Will update everything soon.

Comment

Working...
        X