X

Putting in a Pre 750 Kat engine on a pre 600 Kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ctandc View Post
    Either you have a LATE '96 600 or something is fishy (like a previous owner).

Just for research sake, can you post up the Suzuki PT# on the side / of the CDI that came in your 600? And the same for the 750 CDI you're running now?
    I'll dig through the shed to eyeball the 600 and look on the bike for the 750. The part # for the 600 CDI in 96 is 19C40 (it's been a while since I looked at it, but I remember having a conversation about CDI's before and remember mine being that number); while the 750 is 20C50. The 1997 Kat 600 CDI could either be the 19C40 or (get this) a 19C50.

Now I gotta know...

But as a general rule, we're saying that the pre- 600 CDI should plug in to the pre-750 harness (and vice versa) without any connector swapping or wire cutting required?

Originally posted by chinto View Post
    Make that 7 things you and I agree on.

JK
    Combine being the youngest of eight kids with choosing the practice of law as my avocation and you'll understand I never really had a chance...

I'm an obnoxious f#$%ing know-it-all.

Now, where are my Cuban cigars, biatch??
    Last edited by VifferJim; 03-26-2008, 10:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

Weird.

My harness was bone stock 1991 Katana 600. And the CDI was 19C10 (orig pt# which is not discontinued and replaced with 19C40)

The CDI I bought was from a 93 750 Katana. And it's a 20C10. (orig pt# discontinued replaced with 20C50)

The 20C10 pluggeed right into the 600 harness on my 91 with zero issues.

Comment

Originally posted by zspencer View Post
        I've got a friend who has a motorcycle jack and does this kind of stuff who will be handing me wrenches and barking instructions at me.
        Not to split hairs, but what kind of jack does he have? If it's one like this...

Please recheck the URL for the proper spelling. Or use our search box at the top of this page to find what you're looking for.

It won't work, fyi. If it's a rear stand/front stand combo you'd be fine, but you said "jack" as in, singular, one jack. Just thought I'd point that out.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

Darin, a jack like that WILL work, you just need to add 2x4's to clear the oil pan, or just take the oil pan off.

Comment

To swap the motor that will work?

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

For the motor swap, all ya really need is a good dolly and a couple good friends.

Comment

Originally posted by jgmann67 View Post
                I'm glad no one took me up on that bet. Was riding in this morning and noticed that the redline on the 750 is 12.5K... Suminahbiatch!! That there's a kick in the arse - I need to STFU and verify what I'm thinking before I open my yapper.

That's not to say I'll actually do that, but recognizing that I have a problem is at least half the battle, isn't it???
                I know it was at 12,5 LOL I hit mine often enough to know The 600 is at 11, Max torque tho is produced lower around 10.5 on the 750 vs the 600 in 92. The 600 GSX-F did max about 12,5 tho I beleive.
                Last edited by Newbie2it; 03-27-2008, 06:53 AM.
                If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
                Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

Not sure what kind of jack he has. We're putting it off till next week because his garage isn't heated, and I have a new tenant moving in this weekend...

I'm pretty sure it's one you just roll under and jack up, but it could have the front and rear stands.
                  My Geeky Finance Blog.

Comment

Originally posted by Newbie2it View Post
                    I know it was at 12,5 LOL I hit mine often enough to know The 600 is at 11, Max torque tho is produced lower around 10.5 on the 750 vs the 600 in 92. The 600 GSX-F did max about 12,5 tho I beleive.
                    The 750 just sings from 8K to 11K, too... If it wasn't for the stupid F#$%ing rain, I'd be on the bike today. Oh, well, twice this week will have to get me through.

This pic is kinda grainy, but it looks like 12K to me... it's from a 93 kat 600. Whaddya think?

Last edited by VifferJim; 03-27-2008, 09:29 AM.

Comment

11.5 then. I knew they were lower then the 750. I go based on the last white line. So they are 1k off from each other.
                      If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
                      Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

Well, gosh darn it, got it all and looking at it it doesn't have a set of carbs. ANyone know where to pick up a set of pre 750 carbs for cheap? in the ~$100-$200 range? Guys not returning my calls. I've been had .
                        My Geeky Finance Blog.

Comment

Working...
                        X