X

Putting in a Pre 750 Kat engine on a pre 600 Kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Putting in a Pre 750 Kat engine on a pre 600 Kat

Well, I'm picking this engine up tomorrow: http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcy/613462108.html

I read the guide on putting in bigger engines, and apparently it's a drop in and go. The guy didn't know if it came with a CDI, and I know it doesn't come with the swing arms... Exhaust is not on it, so I'll need to pick up a set of headers...

Any suggestions/comments? Would it be good for me to pick up new swingarms? Since it doesn't come with exhaust, how much should exhaust run me?
    Last edited by zspencer; 03-21-2008, 09:35 AM.
    My Geeky Finance Blog.

Z -

New?? DUDE... no. There are plenty of folks running around here with pieces enough to put together a few kats - pre and post.

I have a pre-750 swingarm in good shape. It's straight and clean. Cheap, too. But you'll need a shock.

If you're running a full exhaust on your 600 right now, that should work fine on a 750 (mine did - V&H SS2R). If you need an exhaust, I have a stock system I'd let go for practically nothing plus shipping. It'll get you through until you get a new aftermarket system.

The thread was taken down off of craigslist so I couldnt see any pics; but, hopefully you'll have a 750 CDI and wiring harness. You have coils on that thing??

I have 750 coils (they came off a 750, but the coils are the same from the 600 to the 750); and a 600 harness/CDI. Also - Cheap.

PM if you have any questions about the swap (I did it last season - couldn't be happier) or about any parts you might need.
    "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

wtf do you mean by swing arms? There is 1 swing arm. You sure as hell don't need to change that for a 750 engine swap.
      Last edited by arsenic; 03-23-2008, 11:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
        wtf do you mean by swing arms? There is 1 swing arm. You sure as hell do need to change that for a 750 engine swap.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaa hahahhahahah

Comment

swingarm

your gonna need the 600 swingarm pivot bolt even with a 750 swingarm

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather skid in sideways, beer in one hand, cigarette in the other, your body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WHO HOO what a ride"

Comment

Awww, c'mon - give the guy a break... Just think how much he's going to learn through this process.

Comment

I wasn't trying to be mean at all, He's a friend of mine. I'm serious, wtf does he mean.

Comment

I wasn't trying to be mean at all, He's a friend of mine. I'm serious, wtf does he mean.
                no worries... hey, I didn't know you HAD to swap swingarms if you swap motors... I know that on the pre's, the 750 swingarm is about an inch and a half longer. But, what if you don't swap them out??

Comment

you don't need to swap them out

Comment

wtf do you mean by swing arms? There is 1 swing arm. You sure as hell do need to change that for a 750 engine swap.
                    you don't need to swap them out

LOL, Make up our minds. Either you do or dont need to swap them out. Personally I dont think it matters either way.. Just need to change the gearing and chain length accordingly if you do switch and use the appropiate hardware to mount.
                    If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
                    Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by Newbie2it View Post
                      LOL, Make up our minds. Either you do or dont need to swap them out. Personally I dont think it matters either way.. Just need to change the gearing and chain length accordingly if you do switch and use the appropiate hardware to mount.
                      Dunno - I like the ride a whole lot better with the 750 swingarm/750 shock. I'd say pour as much of that 750 as you can into the 600 frame. You won't be disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by Newbie2it View Post
                        no, you don't thats what I meant to type, I'll change that sorry guys.

Comment

No problem Chris, Its why I posted both side by side, figured one had to be a typo, Just wanted to point it out so you could see why JG had his previous responce.
                          If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
                          Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

I like the way it originally read Chris.. it was funnier I saw the sarcasm right a way

Comment

one question????

Does the pre 600 and pre 750 share CDI and harness. what about the airbox

Sorry for my s h i t t y english, but i'm danish.

My bike... http://kortlink.dk/4dsu
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X