No announcement yet.
X

sea foam how to use it

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My bad... I just recall the 30 day thing from a military maint bulletin we got at one point.

According to the manufacturer: GoldEagle.com - Sta-Bil FAQ list Sta-Bil will stabilize fuel for 12 months, or up to two years with a double-dose, provided it is added to fresh gasoline.

Cheers
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
      Sea Foam will also clean some of the carbon off the piston heads I do beleive.
      one of the best ways to do that is use tranny fluid. we used to use it all the time on cages with a carb. just slowly dump it straight down the carb....and while doing so, just keep bringing up the rpm of the engine to keep it running strong and not stalling. You can do it on a bike as well. any kind of dispenser...like the red ketchup bottle you see at diners....with a nipple on the end. Just put a gas hose on it so you can get it into the carbs. use 1/4 of a can in each carb. Is there any scientific proof that this works? No idea....but I do know it was a common practice before fuel injection made it impossible.
      I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

I've heard that plain old soap and water will do the same thing . Alos heard that the carbon can cause valves to hang up while you're doing this , too . I'd kinda like to do it myself , but I'm a little worried about breakin something ...
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

We used to add brake fluid to our oil about 20 miles before a change to seal leaking valve seals. I'd never try it in my bike, though. I doubt the brake fluid and the clutch would play nice.
          Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Well , I've heard about the brake fluid thing in relation to OTHER seals (fork seal specifically) , and I doubt it'd be great to do to an engine . The brake fluid causes the rubber seals to expand for a little while sealing the leak , but they'll eventually just be toast again soon ...
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by Katgirl
              I don't think we have sea foam up here, how about a small engine carb cleaner. Can't remember the name of it, but is that safe?
              You can get seafoam @ Carquest Canada (and I belive soon NAPA stores).
              Everytime a bell rings, an angel gets it's wings. Everytime a mouse traps snaps, an angels set on fire. - J. Handey

Comment

anyone ever try 'ethos fuel reformulator'
                You're Welcome,
                - The Social Invalid

Comment

Originally posted by bikerscars
                  anyone ever try 'ethos fuel reformulator'
                  Never tried it, but I did look at the chemical composition as listed in the MSDS sheet for it and tore it a new one back when... can't remember if it was here at KR or in the pre-KR/KP days.

Cheers,
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

SeaFoam rocks......I used it in my previous bike, my car and others cars and bikes. The guys from seafoam are great, and will give you any info you need regarding specific use.

And Yes, in Canada you can get it at Carquest......is sometimes goes on sale for $8 a can, but is usually $13

Comment

Working...
                    X