X

Cock Pit Leaking

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cock Pit Leaking

My cock pit is leaking gas onto my plastic and ruining my paint. I didn't want to tear into it yet without asking anyone for tips. would it be easier to try and find a new one or just do what i can with it?

your cock pit is leaking eh? Well, the first problem is that your bike has a cock pit You mean petcock?

Comment

I was thinking cockpit? around the gauges? WTF!
      Ok i just had some petcock issues a few weeks ago....take the tank off the petcock is 2 phillips screws take it out and if it's leaking you may need to buy a rebuild kit and replace the gaskets and stuff or just buy a new one....check e-bay or http://www.ronayers.com there is alot of good stuff there...

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

The CyberPoet on here sells rebuild kits cheaper then ebay, you'll get it faster too.

Comment

You may not need a complete rebuild kit. It could just be the o-ring that is leaking. If that's the case, you can fix it by just replacing the o-ring from an auto parts store.

Otherwise +1 for CP.

Use a 10mm socket on the petcock. Philips tear up the bolts too easily. The 10mm also allows you to use a TQ wrench to keep from stripping something out.

Comment

Actually there was once an odd issue here where someone had a leak in the gauge cluster.

I forget the details, maybe Cyber Poet remembers?

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
              Actually there was once an odd issue here where someone had a leak in the gauge cluster.

I had the same issue...blinker fluid was leaking all over the place...and we all know how expensive that can be!

-
              -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Comment

Comment

As expensive as blinker fluid can be.... I lost ALL the halogen headlight fluid in BOTH lights - talk about a costly undertaking
                  2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
                  2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

Dude thats nothing, you know how much the stealership charges to change out the muffler bearings???? Dude talk about about a rip off!!!!!!!!!
                    Captain of Squad 11

Comment

Alright guys, he mis-typed. I didn't know what a petcock was at one time. Although, when I first heard it, I surely wasn't thinking about motorcycles

OP, PM CyberPoet, he'll set you up.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

Originally posted by Londob5 View Post
                        I had the same issue...blinker fluid was leaking all over the place...and we all know how expensive that can be!
                        Originally posted by Gytrdunkat View Post
                        Alright guys, he mis-typed. I didn't know what a petcock was at one time. Although, when I first heard it, I surely wasn't thinking about motorcycles.
                        I was totally serious.. something about the gaskets..

Comment

check the red button by the blue switches... that should solve your problem

Comment

Pre-98 750 had the rubber gaskets around the gauges being sucked backwards into the instrument surround because the bike was missing a piece of the front fairing (or was cracked/holed in some specific way) and causing a high vacuum to build right behind the gauge panel. I don't remember who it was, but I remember thinking that it was an unique issue I hadn't seen previously...

Cheers,
                            =-= The CyberPoet
                            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by wcj View Post
                              You may not need a complete rebuild kit. It could just be the o-ring that is leaking. If that's the case, you can fix it by just replacing the o-ring from an auto parts store.

Otherwise +1 for CP.

Use a 10mm socket on the petcock. Philips tear up the bolts too easily. The 10mm also allows you to use a TQ wrench to keep from stripping something out.
                              The price of the rebuild kit is small compared with the hassel of draining the tank. I'd just do a rebuild on it to save my self the trouble later....
                              -Steve

sigpic
                              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                              Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Working...
                              X