X

750cc converion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 750cc converion

I have an 89 katana 600, I want to upgrade to the 750 motor. I've been gathering facts bit by bit from multiple sources but haven't talked to anyone who's actually done it... apparently engine mounts and drive sprocket position are all the same for that era engine from 600cc to 1200cc. I recently installed racetech suspension and it's begging for more power. Hopefully someone here has done it, I just registered to this site yesterday. I figured I may have some luck on a katana website. If not I'll let you know how it goes.

if you're talking about putting a 750 in a 600 frame, yes thats easy. If you want to make a 600 engine a 750, the transmission and oil pump are the only things that are the same.

Comment

Look no further

A forum filled with write-ups, FAQ's, and visual aids for
      mechanical & cosmetic modifications to your Katana.

Good Luck

Comment

Did the swap, absolutely no regrets whatsoever.
        "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

you found the spot for info, good luck
          myspace
          2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

Couldn't you also do a Gixxer 771 punch from Wiseco for the old 750 GSXRs? I thought the 600 was a sleeved version of that motor with some milder cams

Comment

the 98+ Katana 600 is a sleeved version of the 90-92 GSXR 750, but with a pre 750 Katana, I'm thinking it won't work, you need a base plate spacer and a bunch of other crap that makes it not worth while. I'm sure if you mess around with the con rods and get the stroke right, you can make it work, but I'm not the one that wants to know, so I'm not gonna figure it out

Comment

Hrm, Sin said it'd work... I may have gotten some bum info though

Comment

no, if Sin said it would work, it will work.

Comment

i was thinkin of doin the same thing to my 04 and was just curious of what the power difference is between the 600 and 750 of simular era?
                    04 kat 600 currently bone stock!

Comment

Originally posted by AMorgan View Post
                      Couldn't you also do a Gixxer 771 punch from Wiseco for the old 750 GSXRs? I thought the 600 was a sleeved version of that motor with some milder cams
                      The 88-89 GSXR is the same bore x stroke as the pre Katana 750 . The 1mm over pistons I got were actually meant for the GSXR . Wiseco has them listed as the same part numbers , too .
                      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by crossroads View Post
                        i was thinkin of doin the same thing to my 04 and was just curious of what the power difference is between the 600 and 750 of simular era?
                        About 10-20% more mid-range torque and about 10% higher top-end speed. The difference isn't as radical as the displacement difference would indicate because the Kat 750 engine runs a lower compression level than the Kat 600 engine...

Cheers,
                        =-= The CyberPoet
                        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                        X