X

Magical Myster Part

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magical Myster Part

Could someone please tell me WTH this is? Neither myself nor MD86 can Identify it.

I got it
    It's a variation on the pre Cali model emissions BS . It's on BB's fiche , listed as "2nd air (model K4/K5 E33 . Block-off plates for the ports on the front of the engine just like the Bandits and other Kats , but not sure about all the hoses yet . I WISH I could look at it first-hand . I never seen THAT before . But in any case , you can yank all that garbage and plug up the ports .
    Last edited by md86; 12-17-2007, 12:47 AM.
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Ok then, could someone tell me what the bolt size that these mount to the frame with is? I'm gonna leave it on for now, but I'm gonna just make sure its tied down so it doesn't cause me anymore problems. Thanks MD!
      Last edited by Frilock; 12-17-2007, 12:53 AM. Reason: Edited post

Comment

You'll need block-off plates on the front of the engine under the metal tubes (which are the hardest parts to find/make) . You'll need to plug the carb lines on the bottom (I filled the tubes with JB ) . That's the biggest part of it . But there SOUNDS like there may be an extra line or 2 on there the pre Cali model lacks .....

Comment

holeshot.com has a PAIR block-off plats, and you can usually find them on ebay.

Just make sure that you seal them up pretty good, it needs to be air tight.

From what I've read, removing the PAIR system doesn't affect the power of the bike at all, the only benefit is the 2 of 3lbs of weight that you'll lose. So I would just leave it be....
          Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
          18v Rigid Drill
          Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
          New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

.....Unless it's causing problems anyway ..... which it sounds like it IS !

Comment

Originally posted by reconstyle View Post
              holeshot.com has a PAIR block-off plats, and you can usually find them on ebay.

Just make sure that you seal them up pretty good, it needs to be air tight.

From what I've read, removing the PAIR system doesn't affect the power of the bike at all, the only benefit is the 2 of 3lbs of weight that you'll lose. So I would just leave it be....
              Problem with letting it be is there's two bolts that hold it to its mount, one of those bolts stripped out and the other one is gone (My thought is it stripped out while ridding or when I did the valve adjustment, and then worked itself loose and fell onto the road somewhere.) So what I'm going to do is like I said, try to replace the bottom bolt, then tie it in so its stops sounding like my bike is about to fall apart, then when I get some more time to work on it, pull it out and patch up the holes.
              Last edited by Frilock; 12-17-2007, 01:12 AM. Reason: Intoxication Gramification

Comment

As others have pointed out, it's for the Cali-emissions crap, and in common speak, it's called the PAIR valve.
                It's basically a little box with multiple reed valves in it to make sure that vacuum passing through it travels in only the correct direction(s). Malloc had one on his recently-stolen Kat, which was also a Cali-model originally. I remember some rumors that all 2006 models across the USA came equipped with it (and a catalytic converter in the exhaust), but I thought that was just a rumor -- did you buy the bike new in Florida?

Removing the entire 2nd air system for the Cali model is fairly straight-forward, with only the block-off plates that Reconstyle mentioned and a new vacuum line from the #4 carb to the petcock being required.

As for the size, no clue, but it's some metric standard size (8mm? 10mm?).

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Yeah, its a 10MM, just don't can't find the length or thread size. And yup, bought it brand new in florida from CycleRiders(now Ridenow Powersports) in Longwood.

Comment

I wanted to add that my 06 600 does NOT have one of those PAIR valves. Just checked today so I don't know if that shoots a hole in your rumour or not CP. It was also purchased new in Louisiana.

And I just found your block off plates i think
                    Last edited by versionpardner; 12-17-2007, 09:15 PM.
                    Wish You Were Here? And Yes That is Aaron Yates In The Background.

MY BIKE
                    http://s264.photobucket.com/albums/i...rsionpardner1/

AMA SUPERBIKE RACE PICS:
                    http://s264.photobucket.com/albums/i...20race%20pics/

Comment

No , that doesn't seem right . The price is WAY cheaper than most other places (enough to make me uncertain as to what I'm looking at ) , and it says "Used to block off emmision valves when a aftermarket exhaust is installed" , which is ALSO crap . Exhaust has NOTHING to do with the PAIR BS .
                      Here's what you want .....

Kinda pricey . I made my own with a $3 sheet of copper , a Dremel , and an hour of my time .
                      Last edited by md86; 12-18-2007, 01:35 AM. Reason: Extra info found .

Comment

Originally posted by md86 View Post
                        No , that doesn't seem right . The price is WAY cheaper than most other places (enough to make me uncertain as to what I'm looking at ) , and it says "Used to block off emmision valves when a aftermarket exhaust is installed" , which is ALSO crap . Exhaust has NOTHING to do with the PAIR BS .
                        Yea, 8 bucks, no way...and no picture either...
                        Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
                        18v Rigid Drill
                        Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
                        New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

Working...
                        X