No announcement yet.
X

keys lock under seat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On my bike you can remove the battery box screw from underneath, and those screws on the side you can remove from underneath. Without looking at my bike I can't remember what other screws there are to remove.
    "Do not look to deeply into anything I say, I'm a very shallow person."

Comment

What happened? Did ya gitrdone?
      "Do not look to deeply into anything I say, I'm a very shallow person."

Comment

Hey i learned my lesson when i was in High School. Imagine if you will....(insert wavvy flashback sequence effect and music) I was on my way one Saturday morning to the Quiz Bowl (cause i was and still am a nerd.) I was so nervous that i locked my key inside my Dad's Oldsmobile...and it was still running!!! OMG! and it was EARLY! My parents were still in bed, I didn't have a cell phone (because well nobody really could afford them at the time; you know $1 a minute & 30 minutes a month or it got really expensive...) I had to bum a ride from a stranger home, get my parent's key, ugh..., and get back before my team started up...ARGH! Yeah....i got another copy of every key i use and put somewhere else. I knew that $10 worth of copies would save my butt the embarassment of that happening again.

Oh, i don't think i can get my fairing off my 06 600 with the seat still on. There are two bolts under there that hold the side on. I am thinking that the underside of the rear fender is probably a better bet in removing, by pulling the four screws under the inside of the fender and then pulling the plastic to the side enough to push a screwdriver into the release for the seat. I have an extra key on my rack just for the same reason. I have almost chucked my keys into my storage compartment and threw the seat on...whew. thank god those things never line up just right or i would be making that call of shame to my wife.
        sorry it happened. i truly feel for you.
        Ian
        Only a Biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window!

Comment

Working...
        X