X

keys lock under seat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• keys lock under seat

is there any way to get under the seat to the glove box without using a key i lock mine under the seat one day rushin

Yes. The method is slight different depending on the model bike though.
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

in other words, what year and cc's?

Comment

im sure you could get imaginative with a screw driver, or just call a locksmith
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I did that once on my 93 Kat. I used the end of a stillson wrench to poke the latch where the cable meets it to release the seat. Fairly easily I might add, but then agian, the 93 has a one peice seat for two riders
          If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
          Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

OMG!!
            I haven't heard the phrase "Stillson Wrench" in a loooooooonnng time!

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
              OMG!!
              ..... Oh , a monkey or pipe wrench ! Wow , how did THAT work out ?
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Glove box???????????????????????????
                "Do not look to deeply into anything I say, I'm a very shallow person."

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
                  OMG!!
                  LOL Thats what I get for working for 20 years in a hardware store I know lots of tools by lots of names including the popular name for all tools commonly refered to as a "peice of shi "
                  ... As in this peice of shi just broke and I need another LOL

Originally posted by chatty katty View Post
                  Glove box???????????????????????????
                  LOL I know of an 80 GS that came with a rain suit and gloves under the seat, so I guess you could call it a glove box. Depends on what you put in there tho
                  Last edited by Newbie2it; 12-09-2007, 02:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                  If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
                  Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

But really.. How do you get the seat up ?

Comment

Try taking the right side rear fairing off, and taking out the plastic undertail, and the keys will fall right out. A pain but better than calling the locksmith I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by chatty katty View Post
                        Try taking the right side rear fairing off, and taking out the plastic undertail, and the keys will fall right out. A pain but better than calling the locksmith I suppose.

Good idea!!

Comment

The 98+ rear fairing can be removed without taking the seat off ?

Comment

Come to think of it, I don't think you can take the fairing off with the seat still on. But you might be able to remove the undertail. On the 97- I believe you can reach all the screws with the seat still intact.

Comment

Lemme think ....... there's a few 10 or 8mm screws in the wheel well . Doesn't the one in the battery box need to be removed from inside the battery box ? What about where it attaches near the seat plate deals Up top ? But I'm sure with enough tools , you can take enough of the bike apart to get in there SOMEHOW ....

Comment

Working...
                              X