X

oil cooler brackets

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil cooler brackets

any one that has put a 750 oil cooler on a 600. what did u use for making the brackets i am looking for ideas. want to get it done this weekend
    your suzuki qualified tech

flinstone little block mod

It's been said that you don't even NEED the lower brackets, (reference the "installing larger engine's in kat's" thread)

But, certain years of the kats had bolt on lower mounts...I think it would be easier to buy those, then you can drill and tap them exactly where you need them without having to worry about cutting steel or aluminum to make your own bracket.
    Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
    18v Rigid Drill
    Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
    New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

i was looking at it and was not sure that i needed them i think i will try with out then and see how that goes.

Comment

Pre-98's have bolt-on lowers. 98+ have welded on lowers. I have bracket designs for the 98+ that will adapt a 600 to hold a 750 oil-cooler.

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

ok that was a help there cyber

cheers

Comment

Ok, so I put the 750 cooler on last night, mind you I have a b12 motor in my 600 frame, so I'm not sure if this will apply to other motors.

You will need to bend the 2 tabs that the top of the oil cooler mounts to, forward (towards the forks) just a little because there will be clearance issues with the header. With that being said, the oil lines were a bit of a pain to bolt back onto the oil pan because they are not all to flexible. You will probably have to take the horn mount off to get to the right mounting bolt on the oil cooler (you'll see what I mean) But with everything bolted up, with no lower mounts, the cooler seems pretty solid to me...
            Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
            18v Rigid Drill
            Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
            New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

i looked at that last night and realized it was all i had to do thanks,

Comment

Working...
              X