Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Broke chain running, need to know what part is that broke!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broke chain running, need to know what part is that broke!

I was just about to throw 2nd gear when my chain broke and got all wrapped around the front sproket , it oviously broke the front sproket cover, and I noticed that it broke the shaft that goes from the clutch cable to the transmission, is this shaft that I need to replace but how it is called? also I dont know if there is more damage to the transmission, I removed the chain and I was able to start the engine, it looks its still in gear, due to I accelerated the motor and noticed that the front sprocked moved faster, what worries me is that I tried to move the shift lever to see if I could ste it on neutral but it is stuck and wont move from 2nd. shift, is this due to that broken shaft or it is something else broken inside the tranny? thanks in advise guys! Harry

How about filling out your profile so we atleaste know what year bike you have..

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

My bike is a 93 750 kat, found a diagram of part that broke!

Ok guys part that broke is item number 20 in this diagram I found from Cyberpoet post. My kat is a 93 750 model. Thanks! By the wau that shaft is attached to something at the other end inside the engine or is this just something like a pushrod?
      Attached Files

Comment

It pulls right out. To save yourself some future trouble:

Inspect the assembly with the arrow really well.
        Replace the seal #21. Trust me if you damaged the rod the seal is trashed. And that was my post... Not Cyber poet's..

Comment

Thanks for your post!

Sorry Black Peter! I got your names confused! Yes it was yor post! Thanks and sorry about that!

Comment

Re: Thanks for your post!

Originally posted by VORTEX1212
            Sorry Black Peter! I got your names confused!
            No problem.. Just remember I'm the younger, better looking one!

Comment

Re: Thanks for your post!

Originally posted by Black_peter
              No problem.. Just remember I'm the younger, better looking one!
              And I'm the one surrounded by college co-eds at the pool in Florida while he's in the twin-cities with the wife and childrens.

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I have a bunch of those push rods, PM me. No, it doesn't attach to anything, it pushes against another push rod.

Comment

Working...
                X