X

model number for Fram filter, hurry plz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• model number for Fram filter, hurry plz

i need the model number for an oil filter(fram) that'll fit my bike, 06' katana 750, i looked and can't find
    06' Zuki Katana 750
    Vance and Hines Slip-On

PH6018, I have one right here, PM me if you want it. Was 2 minutes fast enough for ya!

Comment

Have heard they are not recommended. Not wanting to kill your sale Arsenic but I have never had good luck with them.
      AAA-Anarchy, Armaggedon, Annihilation

Comment

I've read stories about Fram using cheap glue in their filters, which can liquefy at the operating temperature of our motors.

You can get the OEM suzuki filters from The CyberPoet for cheap.
        -Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

anyone have any tips on removing the filter thats on there? do you have to have one of the tools to get it off? i've tried by hand and can't get it.
          06' Zuki Katana 750
          Vance and Hines Slip-On

Comment

Take a pair of channel locks and get it off that way. Just becareful not to cut it open and spill it.
            www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Hammer a screw driver through the end of it, and twist it off with that.
              -Steve

sigpic
              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
              Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

I can have an OEM filter and the matching filter wrench sitting on your doorstep Monday, for about $18 (that's $8.50 for the filter, $4.50 for the filter wrench, plus priority mail postage).

I agree on the advice to avoid the FRAM for the Kat. If for whatever reason you don't want to use the Toyo-Roki filter that Suzuki sells under their name, find a better aftermarket filter.

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Comment

yep, I agree with everything stated about the FRAM, thats why I have one sitting here, I bought it years ago, and I'm not using it.

Comment

Originally posted by kwebbel
                      http://www.calsci.com/motorcycleinfo/Filters.html
                      Great link. I ended up talking to the author & explaining to him the differences in the engineering requirements between motorcycle and car oil filters (oil temp range on air-oil cooled bikes, the need to capture clutch fibers, differences in oil formulations and oil pressures on 14k RPM engines).

Cheers,
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Does anyone know if the Suzuki OEM filters have a silicon anti-drainback valve? I guess I could just wait until I get my saws-all out during the next oil change.

Comment

Originally posted by FloridaKat
                          Does anyone know if the Suzuki OEM filters have a silcon anti-drainback valve? I guess I could just wait until I get my saws-all out during the next oil change.
                          Here's your blow-away:

Nitrile anti-drainback
                          Metal end caps, metal pressure relief spring.

Cheers,
                          =-= The CyberPoet
                          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Does anyone know if the fram filters have a silcon anti-drainback valve?
                            I have bin using the fram filters. is my motor DOOMED?

Comment

no your motor is not doomed, there is not a whole lot wrong with the FRAM filter, just don't use it anymore.

Comment

Working...
                              X