X

Lubrifimication

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lubrifimication

Advice please on how to lubricate the spindle about which the rear brake pedal pivots. The grooved spindle passes through an eyelet welded to the frame, and is not releasing properly - holding the rear brake on unless I oik the pedal back up with the top of my boot afterwards.

There seems to be no fixings holding it in at all. I will post picturesw if required, but figured some-one would know anyway.

I would aim some WD40 in there, but I prefer to be able to grease it for the longer term.

GSX750W 'Inazuma' !999.

Thanks in advance.

Look for the post titled Katana and Hayabusa manuals. Download the proper manual. If you are not able, somebody may be able to get it for you. The pictures help.

Comment

Lubrifimacation

Yup, been there.

There's no banter to be had at all on this problem.

Comment

Not just for the bedroom...

Comment

I'd shoot a little chain lube in there. But I would make sure there isn't something wrong in the shaft area..

Comment

Originally posted by Junior
            Not just for the bedroom...

LOL Used lots of vasrline on o-rings when I rebuilt my motor. Somethings just have many uses
            If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
            Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

Sure the spring's ok ?
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Lubrifimication

Spring is doing it's thang, but the spindle is just too darned jammed.

The boys in blue and white got this part in zee hole at the factory - it has got to come out again!

Comment

WD-40 or carb cleaner or electrical cleaner or parts cleaner to clear out all the dried lube & grime. Then any lube (I'd probably use a silicone lube myself).

Cheers,
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                  X