Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Clutch lever has gone limp CyberPoet need your help!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch lever has gone limp CyberPoet need your help!

Seems like my clutch lever has gone limp, no mechanical issues (as of yet), just don't like the feels. Anyway to fix it?

I did search for all you search nazi's out there.
    Hold on Tight.......

Go into the how to section. FInd the post I did on adjusting your clutch. Try that first. Then get back with us. What part of Alabama are you in
    www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Did the cable snap?
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Nah steve I just think it lost interest
        www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Originally posted by HS2020

Good one!

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

:

Comment

Originally posted by HS2020
              Don't they have a pill for that now?

Here's a link to the clutch adjustment how to...

-Steve

sigpic
              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
              Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

if you quit playing with it so much, it might not go limp

Comment

I knew this would draw some attention...... I'll try to tighten it up first and we'll see what happens.... I live north of Birmingham, in Blount County, but work in Vestavia Hills.
                  Hold on Tight.......

Comment

If it suddenly went away , it ain't the adjustment . I'd look at the lifter mechanism inside the sprocket cover . Either the cable popped out of it's bucket , or the bolts holding the lifter popped . Seen both .
                    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86
                      If it suddenly went away , it ain't the adjustment . I'd look at the lifter mechanism inside the sprocket cover . Either the cable popped out of it's bucket , or the bolts holding the lifter popped . Seen both .
                      Or the yoke that connects the cable to the lever (what Md called the "bucket"??) I have seen them break. The clutch can still work but it has a bunch of "sponginess" in it.

Comment

Originally posted by "stevesHere's a link to the clutch adjustment how to...

[url
                        http://www.katriders.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=26157[/url]
                        Looks like I need to do this, just spent an hour or so giving my chain a damn good cleaning after reading http://www.motorcycleanchor.com/moto...mc_chains.html .

Whilst re-oiling the chain in time honoured fashion of bike on centrestand, engine running in 1st gear, I noticed the rear wheel was rotating even when I held the clutch in.

Putting my foot against the wheel to stop it (to hell with Health and Safety ) it took quite some pressure of my foot to stop the rotation and it started spinning as soon as I released the foot pressure, all whilst the clutch lever was pulled in.
                        Riding 2002 GSX600F for 2 years. UK rider.

Comment

don't ever lube your chain with the engine running.

Comment

Originally posted by grumpyoldgit
                            Putting my foot against the wheel to stop it (to hell with Health and Safety ) it took quite some pressure of my foot to stop the rotation and it started spinning as soon as I released the foot pressure, all whilst the clutch lever was pulled in.
                            Use your back brake next time -- much safer.

Moosehead, it's the cable, I have replacements sitting her ready to ship every day (typically 2 day delivery to anywhere in Alabama). Simple enough to test -- undo the cable at both ends and see if you can pull the cable out (it'll only come out of the sheath if it's snapped), or if motion at one end isn't translating into motion at the other end.

Other than that, listen to MD's advice on checking the lifter mechanism.

Cheers,
                            =-= The CyberPoet
                            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

and if you do in fact need the lifter mechanism, I have like 4 of those.

Comment

Working...
                              X