X

Fumoto oil drain size?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fumoto oil drain size?

What size do you need to order to install the fumoto on the Katana?

F111 if I remember correctly. Check Cyber's site. It should be in there.
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
    -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
    -Terence

Comment

yep F111

Comment

Originally posted by brooder
        F111 if I remember correctly. Check Cyber's site. It should be in there.
        Yup, it's in the specs & sizes page -- F111

** Note: that's provided no one ever retapped your oil pan to a bigger drain size after stripping the pan previously. I'd measure the existing bolt (or compare the threads & size to the Fumoto) before I'd go screwing the Fumoto in.

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Thanks, I bought the bike new 2001 so its the stock size. May buy some for my other vehicles also.

Comment

Best $25 investment I spent yet on the Kat....

Comment

Originally posted by FloridaKat
              Best $25 investment I spent yet on the Kat....
              "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
              JOHN 16:33

Comment

yeah i just did my oil change it really does make it so simple. Now we gotta find a fix for our stupid oil filter. I have such a hard time getting in there.

Comment

Originally posted by 00RedGsx600f
                  yeah i just did my oil change it really does make it so simple. Now we gotta find a fix for our stupid oil filter. I have such a hard time getting in there.
                  If you use the stock filter and filter wrench, it's fairly simple. A 3/8 in socket socket extension makes short work of removing the filter. Even if you're using a K&N, it should be easy.
                  Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
                  -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
                  -Terence

Comment

Originally posted by 00RedGsx600f
                    OEM Oil Filter Wrench: $4.50 from me.

I use a Craftsman 3/8" flex-head ratchet (sears item #00942794000) and a 6" extension, and go in right through the center of the headers.

If you have certain brands of aftermarket headers, this is not an option, because the headers' down-pipes are too close together; a few brands also won't permit you to get at the oil filter from the side either (not enough clearance between the downpipes and the block to fit the filter out/in after it's spun off the threads). For those headers, the only choice is to drop the headers for each oil change. The only good news there is that the OEM oil filter ($8.50 from me) is rated for three oil changes (11k miles), so you don't need to change it every time unless you want to (I do unless I'm on a road-trip, but Suzuki says 3 oil changes/10.5k miles is acceptible).

Cheers,
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                    X