X

Aerodynamics?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aerodynamics?

Has any one seen anything on the aerodynamics of the Katana?

hmmm, I know I haven't...It'd be interesting though.

Anyone live out near Seattle? Maybe there's a wind tunnel at the giant Boeing plant you got out there....
    Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
    18v Rigid Drill
    Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
    New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

Not on the pre-98's of any engine size. I've seen stuff on the original Kats (think 81) and on the 98+ models, but nothing inbetween.

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
        Not on the pre-98's of any engine size. I've seen stuff on the original Kats (think 81) and on the 98+ models, but nothing inbetween.

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet

that proves it right there, nobody likes the pre's

Comment

What are you looking for? Drag co's? Vector analysis? CG? Loading curves? Induced and/or parasitic drag numbers? Anything at all?

Comment

Originally posted by FloridaKat
            What are you looking for? Drag co's? Vector analysis? CG? Loading curves? Induced and/or parasitic drag numbers? Anything at all?
            all the above!!

Comment

Not on the Kat, but on....motorcycle.com or one of those sites, they did an aerodynics testing on the ZX14 and Busa to find out why the busa was faster with less power. they found out the busa is more aerodynamic up front and up back, but they still said that the busa is WAAAAY less aerodynamic than the average sedan. Remember, its not only the front that matters, but the profile with the rider and how the air flows over the back too. With the 04+'s it has a very nice taper which should help its aerodynamics a lot since the air can flow smoothly with minimal vacuum suction.
              Who brought the retarded kid?

Comment

Unlike a car, you need a bike to be pretty linear in down-force on the wheels at all viable speeds. The primary resistance under about 95 mph is how well the bike opens the bubble; the primary resistance above that speed is how well the bike closes the bubble... the low-pressure area in the back acts like a giant vacuum cleaner, sucking the bike backwards against it's forward motion, and to date, no production bike has closed the bubble as well as the Busa (although the Honda Blackbird opens it much more efficiently).

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                X