Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Using a chain breaker tool to rivet master link?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using a chain breaker tool to rivet master link?

Hey all,

I was doing several searches here today for various things. I saw one post, which I cannot find again for the life of me where someone said they used the breaker to connect a rivet type master link. Is this possible? How? Is it even reccomended to do this?
    99 YZF600R with 03 R6 fairing, headlights & mirrors, Sportech Blue Chrome Windscreen, D&D can,
    OES Frame sliders, MotoTeck smoked front turns, CBR 954rr Smoked Integrated Tail
    and 14T Front/49T Rear w/ DID X Ring Chain

1993 Zuki Katana 600 $500 project bike

You COULD try to find one of them bolt-on master links instead ......
    In the past I've taken my bike up to the shop to have the chain riveted . Ready to go and all set up for them , five minutes with the tool and they're done , and they didn't even charge me .... TWICE !
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

yeah, this is for my YZF, and I planned on putting it in the back of the truck and bringing it to the local yami dealer. Was hoping to get away fairly cheap.
      99 YZF600R with 03 R6 fairing, headlights & mirrors, Sportech Blue Chrome Windscreen, D&D can,
      OES Frame sliders, MotoTeck smoked front turns, CBR 954rr Smoked Integrated Tail
      and 14T Front/49T Rear w/ DID X Ring Chain

1993 Zuki Katana 600 $500 project bike

Comment

Some of the higher-end tools are combo tools (breaker & installer in the same tool, with different tips). Might be what you ran across had actually said.

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I'd call the shop and see what they'll charge you for 5 minutes with a chain riveter . If the shop ain't manned by total tools , they'll cut you a break .
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
          X