X

Oil Capacity (i searched), and spark plugs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Capacity (i searched), and spark plugs

I have searched all over for oil capacity. I emptied it and like 2 quarts came out, but i've read it should have 3 or 4.
    I also got spark plugs(looked them up in the ngk catalog) It said it should take dr8es, but i puled cr9es or something like that out. I have a 1993, and from what i understand it should have the dr8es til 97 or 98. Does this mean i have a newer motor, and is there tag somewhere to check.
    -1993 Katana 600
    -05 Focus
    -93 Ranger 4x4
    -88 KDX 200

Oil capactiy is stamped right next to the oil fill in ml. Should be about 3.6qts or so.

To know what year the motor is, you'd have to decrypt the engine serial #.
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

yes, a Katana 600 should have ngk dr8es from 88-95.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic13
        yes, a Katana 600 should have ngk dr8es from 88-95.
        That sucks, i hate having a multi year vehicle.
        -1993 Katana 600
        -05 Focus
        -93 Ranger 4x4
        -88 KDX 200

Comment

i have an 88 and i went to the suzuki dealer and they said replacement plugs were 9's but i should run 8's. the difference is the eights are hotter plugs. the guy is going to mmi where i am going to schoolso i think he knew what he was talking about
          your suzuki qualified tech

flinstone little block mod

Comment

Re: Oil Capacity (i searched), and spark plugs

Originally posted by booblinker
            I have searched all over for oil capacity. I emptied it and like 2 quarts came out, but i've read it should have 3 or 4.
            I also got spark plugs(looked them up in the ngk catalog) It said it should take dr8es, but i puled cr9es or something like that out. I have a 1993, and from what i understand it should have the dr8es til 97 or 98. Does this mean i have a newer motor, and is there tag somewhere to check.
            It sounds to me like someone swapped engines previously in that bike, installing a 98+ engine, if you are claiming it takes a "C" series plug (in which case the right plug would be a CR9EK or CR9EIX). And also, if it's a 98+ engine, it should drain about 3.6 to 4 liters, and should take 3.6 to 4.7 liters (depending on how long you let it drain, and whether you swap oil filters and/or drain the oil radiator manually).

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Is the engine silver or black?
              -Steve

sigpic
              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
              Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Working...
              X