No announcement yet.
X

Does my chain look bad?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use this chain lube that I picked up from Walmart motorcycle section. It leaves a white residue. Not sure how to compare brands. It seems to stick pretty well though, even though it is hard to spray it on without whitening my tires and rims
    Roops Photography|facebook|
    03 GSXR 1000
    04 Honda Aquatrax Jetski
    Past: 92 Yamaha Seca II -> 04 Kat 600 -> 92 Kat w/gsxr 750 swap -> 01 GSXR 750 -> 03 GSXR 1000

Comment

I WISH my chain looked that good!!!
      This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
      BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

Originally posted by FloridaKat
        heavy duty gear oil (80W90)
        I was gonna get a bottle of that but the guy that worked at Advanced told me to get Liquid Wrench, that it was better for lubing chains. I have a little oiler can that makes it easy to oil the chain with, i think 30 weight is in it right now, maybe i'll buy some thicker oil and put in it and try that.
        Jealousy Is Natural

Comment

Gear oil comes in a conatainer with a little nozzle that seems like it was MADE for chain lubing . What I was using the last few months .
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by bubba
            Originally posted by FloridaKat
            heavy duty gear oil (80W90)
            I was gonna get a bottle of that but the guy that worked at Advanced told me to get Liquid Wrench, that it was better for lubing chains. I have a little oiler can that makes it easy to oil the chain with, i think 30 weight is in it right now, maybe i'll buy some thicker oil and put in it and try that.
            You won't get as much fling with the thicker weight, but I regularly clean my chain (~600-1,000 miles) and then apply the "goop" of gear oil.

Isn't Liquid Wrench made to help loosen or break bolts? I'm not sure thats the type of stuff I want to put on my o-ring chain.

Comment

Working...
            X