Advice on exhaust for 2004 750

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on exhaust for 2004 750

Hi,

Since my little off, I guess I'll need a new exhaust. Instead of the standard one, I'll probably get an aftermarket one.

Now, as the GSX750F isn't too popular down here in Oz, does anyone know if the exahust on the 2004 model is the same as for any other Suzuki bikes?

I found the one and only importer of Hindles (everyone here seems to like them), but they only mention the GSXR (600, 750 and 1000) and the Bandit.

Anyway, any suggestions on nice exhausts (I don't want to break windows, just a nice sound) and whether it is the same fitting as another bike would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    fulcrum (aka David)
    Blue 2004 GSX750F
    Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.--Isaac Asimov
    If you can keep your head, while all around you are losing theirs, then you probably aren't grasping the situation

Crash virginity lost: March 6th 2005

UPDATE:

I dropped the bike off at the dealers today. I asked about exhausts and they said they'll put on whatever I want (insurance company will pay for a genuine one - if needed I make up the difference, but most of the time non-genuine is cheaper so I can put the difference to something else).

They mainly supply and recommend Yoshi exhausts. Does anyone know what an RS-3 sounds like on the Kat? I want a nice sounding exhaust, but not a really loud one.

Thanks for any help.
    fulcrum (aka David)
    Blue 2004 GSX750F
    Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.--Isaac Asimov
    If you can keep your head, while all around you are losing theirs, then you probably aren't grasping the situation

Comment

The Yoshi sounds nice, just a hair behind the hindle in the sound wars... deep, sweet, mellow and not too loud. Make sure they up the pilot screw settings just a hair to offset any leanness from the change in exhausts; putting on an exhaust analyzer will have them spot-on in short order.

Cheers
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I think that Yoshi would be the ticket then if you want something with a nice tone, but not overly loud.

Another idea may be Muzzy. They make different colored cans. Not sure on the tone though.
        Kan-O-Gixxer!
        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
        -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
        -Ohlins Susupension
        -Various Other Mods

Comment

you will enjoy the Yosh...IMHO it is the nicest looking can out there...i prefer the sound and performance of the Hindle though...and every Hindle sold, I get a commision

Comment

Thanks for the advice guys. I think I'll just go for the Yoshi - that way I'll get the bike back quicker anyway.

Also, thanks for the heads up on the adjustment CP. They have a dyno and a run a racing team there with a few bikes, so I'm sure they'll know what to do. I'll have a chat to them to make sure they look at it though.
            fulcrum (aka David)
            Blue 2004 GSX750F

Comment

Working...
            X