Engine gone all smooth

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine gone all smooth

1999 GSX750W [Inazuma].

Just reached 70,000 miles on my since-new Inazuma, and had a strange phenomenon happen. On starting up a couple of days, the engine ran very very much smoother, with no mod or maintenance to speak of.

How can this be?! It made me panic and almost hit the kill, as it sounded so unfamiliar and as if something had gone wrong!

Any other experiences of this?

Cheers

I don't know, thats weird, mine ran a lot smoother, picks up a lot quicker after I low-sided mine lol.

Comment

At 70k miles, my first guess would be better fuel.

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Engine gone all smooth

Thank for the replies chaps.

Still at a loss to understand it. Getting much better fuel economy too; getting 260 miles out of a tank (inc. reserve), as opposed to 230 before.

All part of the running-in process, I suppose!

Possibly fuel as you say Cyber, but I have really only ever used 95R by BP or Esso, being on my path.

Still it's a nice problem to have.

Comment

you hit the magic number. they obviously put a chip somewhere in the bike that removes all restrictions when you hit 70000 miles causing the bike to run better than new.

Comment

Originally posted by IForgotMyUserName2
            you hit the magic number. they obviously put a chip somewhere in the bike that removes all restrictions when you hit 70000 miles causing the bike to run better than new.
            I just thought it was that the motor was finally "broken-in"

Comment

Working...
            X